Windows 10: Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

Discus and support Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by logan scott1, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:37 PM.

1. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just right click then "open with Paint 3D" now?

:)

logan scott1, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:37 PM

2. How do I fix Open With Paint 3D to open in Paint 3D instead of Paint?

How do I fix Open With Paint 3D to open in Paint 3D instead of Paint?

• When I Right click on a file, and choose Open with, and select Paint 3D - My file opens in Paint instead of Paint 3D.
    • How do I fix this?
    • I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro laptop.

GregorySimonis, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:38 PM
  3. Opening an Image in Paint 3D

We know how to open an image in Paint 3D , that is just by
    right clicking
    on image and selecting "open with" and then selecting the preferred app .

Similarly how to open the same using command prompt??? please comment the code line to open an
    image in Paint 3D using command prompt

Chethan Ravish, Sep 18, 2024 at 9:38 PM
  4. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

Paint 3D: Can't open project

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with Paint 3D app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Paint 3D installed on the PC?
    • Did you try opening any other project or did you try to open the same project on a different device?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 3 & 7 from this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app.

1. Close Paint 3D app. Press
      Windows + X key.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
      from the list.
    3. Copy and paste this command:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.MSPaint* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Press Enter key and once the process completes, restart the PC.
    5. After restart go to Microsoft Store and install
      Paint 3D.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Thema:

Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

1. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the... - Similar Threads - Why was Paint

2. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...: So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just right click then "open with Paint 3D" now?...
  3. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...: So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just right click then "open with Paint 3D" now?...
  4. Open with Paint 3D

Open with Paint 3D: I no longer have Microsoft Paint 3-D. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it allowed me to pin to taskbar. However, previously when I right clicked on a photo it would have a drop down box and say, “open with” and I would have the option of clicking on it. For some reason it...
  5. Can't open Paint 3D

Can't open Paint 3D: Dear Microsoft and People that see this questionI have a question because I can't open Paint 3D. When I click the app, the app simply vanished or closed automatically. Also when I open using Paint the normal one the pp closed itslef but the original Paint survived. Please...
  6. Paint 3D image

Paint 3D image: Hello. I would like to know if it is OK for me to use this Paint 3D image in this sign I made with paint on my website? https://bushgum.com/self-led-games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-image/80e8a557-abf3-4cf5-8093-01021dbba277
  7. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...
  8. how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D

how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D: I cannot work out how to crop a 3D image in paint 3D. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-crop-a-3d-image-in-paint-3d/14981f5c-b88b-49f1-8d62-f538ef358aa7
  9. Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files: Windows 10 Pro Build 18362. The HEIF Image Extensions show as 'This product is installed' when viewed from the Microsoft Store. When I double click on a HEIC image file I get [ATTACH] I've tried using both Paint and Paint 3D as the Default App for Image Viewing. The error...
  10. Can't open Paint 3D

Can't open Paint 3D: I can't open Paint 3D on my lap although i try to re-install it and the result this app still not working. Just display about 3 or 5 seconds and it close itself. Anyone else know how to fix this issues? Show me, pls... Thanks alot!!...