Windows 10: Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

Discus and support Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried logging into my my microsoft account to play minecraft and it kept bringing up a screen to choose a gamertag, my old one was NOT explicit?? it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lucien goth, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

i tried logging into my my microsoft account to play minecraft and it kept bringing up a screen to choose a gamertag, my old one was NOT explicit?? it was sugarlily. not only that but i lost all of my stuff in a minecraft realm.

:)

lucien goth, Nov 29, 2023

2. Xbox gamertag change

I already used the free Gamertag and now I wanna change it again I did all the steps but it still won't let me change the Gamertag. and I my Gamertag now is OMGItsMeh99 but now I wanna change it to XamiGamerGirl

javiercruz2, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Changing Gamertag

Hi Adrian,

I suggest you to post your query in Xbox forums and check with them.

Xbox Support

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 29, 2023
  4. ArkEngel Win User

Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

I need help in changing my xbox gamertag and I live in china

Unfortunately you can only change your gamer tag once for free and you do need an Xbox to do so.

Please read below or follow the link for more information.

Source:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-xbox-live-gamertag

How to change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

Change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console

You can easily change your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox LIVE gamertag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

• On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.
    • Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.
    • Select Change Gamertag.
    • Note the Price of the change, and do one of the following:
      • Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.
      • Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.
    • Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.
    Note Click Add Microsoft Points if you don’t have enough points to complete the purchase.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox LIVE. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically.

Made a mistake creating your gamertag?

If you made a mistake when you created your gamertag and you want to change it, you’ll have to purchase a new gamertag. All gamertag purchases must be made through the dashboard and cost 800 Microsoft Points.

Good luck!

ArkEngel, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

1. Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset? - Similar Threads - Why was forced

2. Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?: i tried logging into my my microsoft account to play minecraft and it kept bringing up a screen to choose a gamertag, my old one was NOT explicit?? it was sugarlily. not only that but i lost all of my stuff in a minecraft realm....
  3. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  4. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  5. why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?: Why when i logged in it told me I absolutly have to change my pin. I used the same pin. what is the point? I'm in the middle of a project and it wasted about an hour of my time....
  6. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password: This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe....
  7. Why am I being forced to change my PIN?

Why am I being forced to change my PIN?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. There is now a "PIN Requirements" link saying I need at least 5 digits and sequences not allowed. This is my own PC, not any organisations. I've had the same PIN quite happily for some long time and I don't want...
  8. No way to change Gamertags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No way to change Gamertags: Hi, First time for me here. I don't have Xbox, but with my Windows10 I see that I have an account linked to my microsoft account. This account seems to have a random name I've never setted anything for that. I try to change this gamertag but nothing work I still have the...
  9. Why is Alto's Adventure not saving my progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Alto's Adventure not saving my progress: My Alto's Adventure isn't saving any of my progress!! I played for hours yesterday and made it to level 15-17. Wake up this morning, load up the game and all progress is gone!!! A few months ago there was an issue that many were having where we couldn't even load up the...
  10. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...