Windows 10: Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

Discus and support Why so many Security Intelligence updates? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by B727ClassicFlyer, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates?

I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find it kinda crazy how we're getting so many updates for them.

Windows Security is in the green, and Real Time Protection is on, so I don't know why I am getting so many updates.

I am on Windows 10 B1909, and I am experiencing no issues with my computer at all.

:)

B727ClassicFlyer, Aug 29, 2020

2. windows defender security intelligence update failed

hi,

i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed.

Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence.

New security intelligence Version: 1.315.1006.0

Previous security intelligence Version: 1.315.639.0

Update Source: Shared security intelligence Root

Security intelligence Type: AntiSpyware

Update Type: Delta

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Current Engine Version: 1.1.17000.7

Previous Engine Version: 1.1.17000.7

Error code: 0x80070005

Error description: Access is denied.

Vince Tsoi, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Security Intelligence update (WD)

Back in August MS changed the description of the definitions update from 'Definition Update...' to 'Security Intelligence Update...' but it's still the same virus definitions and KB226702 as before, just re-branded. The only other type of update you should expect to see is the monthly antimalware platform update for the engine/GUI.

Why so many Security Intelligence updates? [​IMG]

4. Alpha Tau Win User

Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

Automatic Security Intelligence Update

Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day.

My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security updates?

Alpha Tau, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

1. Why so many Security Intelligence updates? - Similar Threads - Why many Security

2. Why so many

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why so many: why on earth do i have so many "Backround Task Host" running in the backround,would just like to know.screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-so-many/a47932c3-e7fa-4455-9ce1-1a0abbbf243e
  3. Why so many

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why so many: why on earth do i have so many "Backround Task Host" running in the backround,would just like to know.screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-so-many/a47932c3-e7fa-4455-9ce1-1a0abbbf243e
  4. Security intelligence update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security intelligence update problem: Latest security intelligence update v1.327.295.0 brings the smartscreen problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-problem/62a24135-1be5-4b2e-acd6-2aaa4a5d6d37
  5. Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling

Security Intelligence Update Reinstalling: I've had a problem over the last few weeks where the most recent Security Intelligence update reinstalls itself on every start-up and never officially installs, it's causing problems with other gameplay specifically World of Warcraft in that I cannot open games due to the...
  6. Automatic Security Intelligence Update

Automatic Security Intelligence Update: Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day. My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security...
  7. Security Intelligence Update

Security Intelligence Update: Every single time I get one of those updates I get the blue screen telling me the system quit working. It then gathers information and restarts which is very frustrating because it always happens when I'm in an online poker tournament. I check the reliability report and it...
  8. Security Intelligence update (WD)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence update (WD): Hi folks is this some new system / method that WD does for its updates or is this just the "standard" Virus definition database that WD uses being updated. So long as the system works OK and does its protection job I'm not too bothered but I m curious as to what it actually...
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820