Windows 10: Why my selection box is translucent ?

Discus and support Why my selection box is translucent ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by L To The D, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Why my selection box is translucent ?

Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if the box is checked, i deleted windows and reinstalled windows again because of it and it still hunts me :c, please any help so i can fix it for good.

:)

L To The D, Jul 30, 2023

2. Weird selection box

Hello,

We understand that you are having issues with the selection box on your computer. To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to change the settings of the selection box:

• Right click on Start/Windows logo.

• Select System.

• Click the Advanced settings in the left pane.

• System Properties window will pop up, select the
      Advanced tab.

• Go to Settings under Performance.

• Select Visual Effects tab.

• Check Custom and uncheck
      Show translucent selection rectangle.

Do update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 30, 2023
  3. Translucent Selection Rectangle

When I do this:

system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle"

My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over the shortcut?

Bob Woolston

Portland, OR

BobWoolston, Jul 30, 2023
  4. Why my selection box is translucent ?

Translucent Selection Rectangle

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to disabling the translucent selection rectangle on Desktop icons.

Based on my research, when you uncheck the box for Show translucent selection rectangle
    under System Properties, it will make the rectangle translucent that appears when drag the mouse and select multiple items on the
    Desktop.

However, the rectangle that shows up when you highlight a Desktop icon is to identify which icon is selected, and currently the option to disable that effect is not available in Windows 10, as it will become difficult to identify which icon is selected.

I would encourage you to provide a feedback using the Feedback
    Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this and try to implement the feature in upcoming builds.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 30, 2023
Thema:

Why my selection box is translucent ?

1. Why my selection box is translucent ? - Similar Threads - Why selection box

2. Why my selection box is translucent ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my selection box is translucent ?: Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if the box is checked, i deleted windows and reinstalled windows again because of it and it still hunts me :c, please any help so...
  3. Why my selection box is translucent ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my selection box is translucent ?: Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if the box is checked, i deleted windows and reinstalled windows again because of it and it still hunts me :c, please any help so...
  4. Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...: I tried resetting windows, downloading a fresh windows 11 from the cloud, some commands from CMD like scanow, created new profile, the problem always comes back, finally I found out that it appears right after installing Onedrive, but if I uninstall Onedrive the problem...
  5. Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...

Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...: I tried resetting windows, downloading a fresh windows 11 from the cloud, some commands from CMD like scanow, created new profile, the problem always comes back, finally I found out that it appears right after installing Onedrive, but if I uninstall Onedrive the problem...
  6. A translucent box on screen windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A translucent box on screen windows 11: This translucent box keeps showing up on my screen after working for a while on my laptop. It's really annoying and within the range of the box nothing works clicks and scrolling and after a while when I move my cursor to this box it's starts showing a loading icon on that...
  7. A translucent box on screen windows 11

A translucent box on screen windows 11: This translucent box keeps showing up on my screen after working for a while on my laptop. It's really annoying and within the range of the box nothing works clicks and scrolling and after a while when I move my cursor to this box it's starts showing a loading icon on that...
  8. Translucent Selection Rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translucent Selection Rectangle: When I do this: system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle" My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over...
  9. How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The rectangular translucent box that appears when you left click, and drag it around items is called the Selection box. It allows you to drag, and select multiple items on the desktop or any folder. The default color or the box, [...] This post How to change...
  10. Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows: How to: Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows How to Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over items to select them...