Windows 10: Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

Discus and support Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it was like this and changed to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Артем Васильчук, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

it was like this and changed to this

:)

Артем Васильчук, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 1, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

1. Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous? - Similar Threads - Why search icon

2. Update KB5025297 changes the search icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update KB5025297 changes the search icon in the taskbar: I don't like forced visual changes on my device. I liked the old thin magnifying glass icon. I also don't like people telling me what to do with my device, such as telling me to hide or disable search. If you feel like it, do it on your device. I will keep windows search, I...
  3. Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?: it was like this and changed to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-search-icon-in-taskbar-changed-can-i-return/3d20dcdf-84dc-44e1-b5e4-eec4d4716549
  4. How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?: I've tried everything I could think of, I made shortcuts for the steam client and changed the icon but every time I open steam it shows as the default icon in the taskbar. This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/7WuU5Go submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz [link]...
  5. How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change labels on taskbar icons?: I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is associated with which version....
  6. Returning power icon to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Returning power icon to taskbar: Hi, Hope someone can help with this. Somehow my power indicator icon has disappeared from the taskbar. I looked at the various icons somewhere in Settings and it showed that the power indicator was ON...however..I can't click on it as it's shaded grey for some reason, as...
  7. How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?: How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10 if I can not recovery/restore to the date before I got the updates and I can not use "Go back to the previous Windows 10" feature anymore (It is definitely a very bad idea to give user just 10 days an opportunity to go...
  8. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  9. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  10. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118