Windows 10: Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

Discus and support Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BorisKalashnikov, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file at all or having a windows update.I investigated other people's questions about windows acting up when it comes to storage management but couldn't find a solution for my problem.I tried the most known methods and regularly did them like clearing the cache from 3 different folders and doing a disk cleanup including system files yet I was never able to regain my space back.I did 'heavy' anti-virus scans in case some viruses do these but I never f

:)

BorisKalashnikov, Oct 12, 2022

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 12, 2022
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 12, 2022
  4. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

1. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat? - Similar Threads - Why Laptop's storage

2. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  3. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  4. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  5. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  6. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  7. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?: For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file at all or having a windows update.I investigated other people's questions about windows acting up when it comes to storage...
  8. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?: For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file at all or having a windows update.I investigated other people's questions about windows acting up when it comes to storage...
  9. Cat sat on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cat sat on my laptop: Hi my cat sat on my laptop and now it won't do anything, it beeps and the caps lock is on but it won't let me turn it off and it won't let me log in. I tried a whole bunch of stuff already looked at about 10 websites with tips first before I came here and nothing has worked....
  10. Does laptop act like a monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does laptop act like a monitor?: I want to connect my xbox to laptop with HDMI but my laptop didn’t show anything, anything can do my laptop make like a monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-laptop-act-like-a-monitor/f4ccb631-30d9-46ed-b482-d607219c630d