Windows 10: Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

Discus and support Why my laptop Keyboard stops working? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Areesha Ahmed, Sep 7, 2024.

1. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked the device manager, try to update or reinstall keyboard drivers but it says this device is not installed. Some time it says best drivers are already installed for your Device. I try to troubleshoot. But no troubleshooter is working. It says a program prevents the troubleshooter to start. Then I try to update windows. But every window update is failed. What Should i do to fix my keyboard.?When booting keyboard lights turned on. But after windows

:)

Areesha Ahmed, Sep 7, 2024

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Sep 7, 2024
  3. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

Hi everybody,

IT'S URGENT.

My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue (a very BIG issue). Could anybody help me fix it??

I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at all.

The laptop keyboard does not work. But when I connect an external keyboard only it works. The external keyboard is working perfectly, but the laptop keyboard is not working.

VERY FEW KEYS ARE WORKING.

Please help me out. This is very important. It is also difficult for me to travel with these.

There are a lot of problems. And again, I am typing this question with the USB keyboard only.

I request, please help me out to fix this issue. I don't want to use the external keyboard every time. IT is a difficulty, please help me.

SirikiLohit, Sep 7, 2024
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 7, 2024
Thema:

Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

1. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working? - Similar Threads - Why laptop Keyboard

2. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?: Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked the device manager, try to update or reinstall keyboard drivers but it says this device is not installed. Some time it says...
  3. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?: Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked the device manager, try to update or reinstall keyboard drivers but it says this device is not installed. Some time it says...
  4. Laptop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard stopped working: I have read threads of people having the same issue and have tried everything suggested. I uninstalled my keyboard three of them listed every which way. Nothing is working....
  5. Laptop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard stopped working: I have read threads of people having the same issue and have tried everything suggested. I uninstalled my keyboard three of them listed every which way. Nothing is working....
  6. Laptop keyboard stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  7. Laptop keyboard stops working.

Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  8. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  9. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  10. laptop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard stopped working: my Windows 10 laptop keyboard stopped working, how do i fix it? it is the built-in keyboard, not a peripheral. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-stopped-working/5c321f64-21f0-4847-8810-1214c02df5fb