Windows 10: Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

Discus and support Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JojeeBear, Dec 15, 2021.

1. JojeeBear Win User

Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like normal.I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue occur before or if it is a newer bug of some kind.Here some specsWhy lock Screen showing Desktop Icons? :Dell laptopWindows 10 home version 20H22nd monitor: Duex Pro connected via USBThanks, it's no big deal just curious

:)

JojeeBear, Dec 15, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 15, 2021
  3. Darshan J Win User
    icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

Lock Icon Sequence in a Toolbar

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to arrange desktop icons.

• Right Click on desktop screen.

• Place the cursor on View.

• In drop down menu, select auto align and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

1. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons? - Similar Threads - Why lock Screen

2. Desktop - Why are the icons not showing properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop - Why are the icons not showing properly?: Hello,For the past few days, the icons have stopped showing.It mostly happens if the software is not uninstalled enough and the icon stays there, but I haven't uninstalled anything.Even more confusing is the fact that only some shortcuts do this, others are displayed...
  3. Desktop - Why are the icons not showing properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop - Why are the icons not showing properly?: Hello,For the past few days, the icons have stopped showing.It mostly happens if the software is not uninstalled enough and the icon stays there, but I haven't uninstalled anything.Even more confusing is the fact that only some shortcuts do this, others are displayed...
  4. Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?: I noticed when I created other user in windows 11 there's no icons on the desktop. only application name but no icon. This is biggest problem. I already tried some options but it didn't workCan you help me?...
  5. Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?

Why icons are not showing on a desktop in other users?: I noticed when I created other user in windows 11 there's no icons on the desktop. only application name but no icon. This is biggest problem. I already tried some options but it didn't workCan you help me?...
  6. Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?: After doing a cloud install windows reset, my desktop icons are like that. I already tried deleting the iconcache and restarting but it is still not fixed. I already did dism and sfc scans and they didnt find any corrupted files. Almost every apps that I have before resetting...
  7. Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?: After doing a cloud install windows reset, my desktop icons are like that. I already tried deleting the iconcache and restarting but it is still not fixed. I already did dism and sfc scans and they didnt find any corrupted files. Almost every apps that I have before resetting...
  8. Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?

9. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...
  10. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...