Windows 10: Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

Discus and support Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop randomly stoped working. I have changed the battery and tried connecting it to power source's neither have worked. I let it sit on a charger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by riaxz, Jun 25, 2024.

1. riaxz Win User

Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

My laptop randomly stoped working. I have changed the battery and tried connecting it to power source's neither have worked. I let it sit on a charger for a day and still theres no lights or any signs that it’s charging. My ports work and so does the charger but still nothing. If any one has any suggestions it would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

riaxz, Jun 25, 2024

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Jun 25, 2024
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 25, 2024
  4. Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 25, 2024
Thema:

Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

1. Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life? - Similar Threads - Why isnt laptop

2. Laptop shut off immediately after a click and are showing no signs of life after being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off immediately after a click and are showing no signs of life after being...: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 5415, and this laptop has had little to no issues at all. Though i recently started using Adobe Illustrator, and right after i opened the app, my laptop made a click sound and shut off completely. I tried plugging it in with the charger but even...
  3. Laptop shut off immediately after a click and are showing no signs of life after being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut off immediately after a click and are showing no signs of life after being...: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 5415, and this laptop has had little to no issues at all. Though i recently started using Adobe Illustrator, and right after i opened the app, my laptop made a click sound and shut off completely. I tried plugging it in with the charger but even...
  4. Laptop isnt letting me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isnt letting me sign in: It first started when i booted up my MSI laptop, microsoft didnt recognise my email at first, even though i had internet, and would ask me to create a new account. I tried doing so, but then it finally recognised i had an account with that email, but would still make me...
  5. Laptop isnt letting me sign in

Laptop isnt letting me sign in: It first started when i booted up my MSI laptop, microsoft didnt recognise my email at first, even though i had internet, and would ask me to create a new account. I tried doing so, but then it finally recognised i had an account with that email, but would still make me...
  6. Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?: My laptop randomly stoped working. I have changed the battery and tried connecting it to power source's neither have worked. I let it sit on a charger for a day and still theres no lights or any signs that it’s charging. My ports work and so does the charger but still...
  7. Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?

Why isnt my laptop showing any signs of life?: My laptop randomly stoped working. I have changed the battery and tried connecting it to power source's neither have worked. I let it sit on a charger for a day and still theres no lights or any signs that it’s charging. My ports work and so does the charger but still...
  8. Why Isnt my serial Number showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Isnt my serial Number showing up?: Hello, whenever I type "wmic bios get serialnumber" in windows cmd prompt It just shows up as blank or nothing there can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-serial-number-showing-up/74d21b7d-1721-4e38-8508-60a54bb3cb95
  9. Why Isnt my serial Number showing up?

Why Isnt my serial Number showing up?: Hello, whenever I type "wmic bios get serialnumber" in windows cmd prompt It just shows up as blank or nothing there can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-serial-number-showing-up/74d21b7d-1721-4e38-8508-60a54bb3cb95
  10. Why Isnt my serial Number showing up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging