Windows 10: why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

Discus and support why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I have been facing an issue with my windows, I reinstalled so many times because of something that causing an issue getting to know while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Deva, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Deva Win User

why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

Recently I have been facing an issue with my windows, I reinstalled so many times because of something that causing an issue getting to know while playing any video or audio some kind of Stretch/lag happening. So after that, if I restart my PC, it will be stuck in the Windows loading screen and unable to get into advanced options. using the bootable Pen drive I have reinstalled the windows. The same thing repeated like a voice stretch thing. later I did the clean install by deleting the drive and installing it in the empty drive.But how many times I have installed some different issues I am ge

:)

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 25, 2024
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jul 25, 2024
  4. why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Redirecting

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

1. why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having... - Similar Threads - why users folder

2. why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...: Recently I have been facing an issue with my windows, I reinstalled so many times because of something that causing an issue getting to know while playing any video or audio some kind of Stretch/lag happening. So after that, if I restart my PC, it will be stuck in the Windows...
  3. why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is the windows/users -- folder having multiple names but in users list i am having...: Recently I have been facing an issue with my windows, I reinstalled so many times because of something that causing an issue getting to know while playing any video or audio some kind of Stretch/lag happening. So after that, if I restart my PC, it will be stuck in the Windows...
  4. My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders

My user folders don't have my user name, and are missing folders: I know there are folders that should be in users like appdata, but they are not there. The user folder contains the desktop link, videos, downloads, favorites and others, but not some of the basics that should be present. I need to get at a whole host of things stored in my...
  5. why do I have a user named monas?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why do I have a user named monas?: Is it due to a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-user-named-monas/f5725f1e-19cc-4335-ab34-a8b3a86dabd6
  6. why do I have a user named monas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have a user named monas?: Is it due to a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-user-named-monas/f5725f1e-19cc-4335-ab34-a8b3a86dabd6
  7. why do I have a user named monas?

8. Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?: Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i'm literally confused, Because I can not understand the differences between 1EVERYONE 2ACCOUNT UNKNOWN then WHYYYY UNKOWN!!!? 3SYSTEMS4Administrators My pc name/Administrators5Users my pc's name/UsersThis is my personal PC and after I...
  9. Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?

Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?: Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i'm literally confused, Because I can not understand the differences between 1EVERYONE 2ACCOUNT UNKNOWN then WHYYYY UNKOWN!!!? 3SYSTEMS4Administrators My pc name/Administrators5Users my pc's name/UsersThis is my personal PC and after I...
  10. I have 7 users in my User folder. Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have 7 users in my User folder. Why?: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) [img] I'm not sure how I royally screwed this up. I created a new user associated with my new email and didn't like the fact my username was expressed differently in the Users folder so I tried changing the name via the registry and...