Windows 10: Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

Discus and support Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PC-Nutzer9281, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry

:)

PC-Nutzer9281, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Dan_HDJ Win User

Why is my available physical memory is half what I have installed?

I have 12 gb of ram but I only have 6.30 gb of available physical memory. How would I be able to free up or restore it?

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 9.94 GB

Available Physical Memory 6.17 GB

Total Virtual Memory 14.7 GB

Available Virtual Memory 7.18 GB

Dan_HDJ, Nov 19, 2022
  3. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

This happens in both 10 and 11. If I do a fresh install, it does not set up virtual memory reservations but appears during Windows Updates.

This is not a task or program Task Manager shows 12% RAM use

MSINFO shows:

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64gb

Total Physical Memory 63.7gb

Available Physical Memory 55.8gb

Total Virtual Memory 73.2gb

Available Virtual Memory 63.2gb

Page File Space 9.5gb

I have unplugged the RAM sticks, moved them to different slots, and used different combinations with the same 50% allocation to virtual in all instances.

XaberRebax, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

Low available physical memory

Hello!

I have am HP gaming laptop with 8GB of installed memory, after fixing some other issues I had with it I launch Cities Skylines and notice the game was only using up to 4.5Gb of RAM, so I checked on system information and out of the 7.86Gb of the total physical
    memory it only shows as available 4.35Gb. Checking resource monitor shows that nearly 50% of the memory is in use at any time.

I've read Windows 10 keeps RAM usage high but manages to allocate memory to processes that need it, but that's not happening, it's almost like half my memory is gone.

I am running 64bits Windows 10

Thank you!

PedroSucre, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

1. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM - Similar Threads - Why half physical

2. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  3. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  4. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  5. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  6. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual: I have 128gb RAM installed. MSINFO tells me there is only 64gb physical and that the other 64gb is being used by Virtual Memory. If I physically remove half my RAM down to 64gb the system tells me I have 32gb. I am on Windows 11, the problem existed in Windows 10, and the...
  8. Why is my available physical memory is half what I have installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my available physical memory is half what I have installed?: I have 12 gb of ram but I only have 6.30 gb of available physical memory. How would I be able to free up or restore it? Installed Physical Memory RAM 12.0 GB Total Physical Memory 9.94 GB Available Physical Memory 6.17 GB Total Virtual Memory 14.7 GB Available Virtual...
  9. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  10. Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?: Why is it like this? how can I fix it? is it hardware or software problem? Could my hard disk being almost full be a cause for such problem? i have about 10 GB availablie from 500GB Thanks! My laptop is asus and here is the system info. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro...