Windows 10: Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'

Discus and support Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'?This is shown:I would expect "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" under "Me" to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dindea, Dec 20, 2022.

1. dindea Win User

Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'

Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'?This is shown:I would expect "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" under "Me" to the right.So I don't see it the calendar on my smartphone.But ut works "the other direction".The event is created on my smartphone./Staffan Cronstrom

:)

dindea, Dec 20, 2022

2. Google calendar event times are shown as -1h

Summary:

When I create a new event in the built in WP8 calendar app to a Google calendar the time of the event is being displayed as one hour earlier.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a new event in calendar. Choose one of the Google calendars configured (I have two configured in my phone). Set time as 2013/07/17 16:00. Save the event.

Expected behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00.

Observed behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00 for a few seconds. It then automatically changes to 2013/07/17 15:00.

Other notes:

• I have two Google calendars configured. I can observe the same misbehavior on both.
    • I also have a Microsoft (@hotmail.com) calendar configured. This works as expected.
    • When I log into my Google calendar using a web browser, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and sync my Google account directly, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and use it simply as an interface to the built in WP calendar the time is off again showing 2013/07/17 15:00.
    • The timezone on my WP is set to (UTC) London.
    • I started noticing this perhaps a week ago. It was working as expected before.
    • Phone model is Nokia Lumia 925
    • Phone OS version is 8.0.10327.77

Notes 1-6 suggests to me that the internal calendaring module in WP8 fails to recognize DST (daylight saving time) in timezone (UTC) London or misinterprets relevant information fields on Google calendar objects.

Note 7 suggests to me that this is related to an update to my WP8 phone or a change in Google calendar API.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving me rather nuts.

Thanks,

Kaarel

kaarelsaal---01, Dec 21, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 21, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event' [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event' - Similar Threads - Why account's name

2. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  3. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  4. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event': Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'?This is shown:I would expect "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" under "Me" to the right.So I don't see it the calendar on my smartphone.But ut works "the other direction".The event is created on my...
  6. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  7. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  8. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. why is my microsoft account name butchered

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my microsoft account name butchered: What is happening? Microsoft update changed my Microsoft account name??? Say: if my local account name was = 'painful', Microsoft changed it to 'painful_xyz2erh' - the display name is correct though. How do I change the Microsoft Account name to my preferred name? - Tepa...
  10. Drive size not shown in "My PC" view

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive size not shown in "My PC" view: I don't know why but when I open "My PC" there is no information about disk size or usage, like the old pie chart. Can I turn that info on? I hate that I cant easily monitor my disk space. [img] See! Nothing. 96339