Windows 10: Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

Discus and support Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My WiFi is turned off. I tried network resetting and updating the drivers but it doesn't work. HELP MEE.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Micah Williams Student, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

My WiFi is turned off. I tried network resetting and updating the drivers but it doesn't work. HELP MEE.

:)

Micah Williams Student, Nov 7, 2023
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Nov 7, 2023
  3. Kursah Win User
    High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 7, 2023
  4. Victor Win User

Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

cannot turn on wifi on acer laptop

Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-51-59DP

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Settings > WiFi Settings > Turn On WiFi (it shows as off). That switches the toggle, but never turns on. If I reload the WiFi settings, it shows as off again.
    2. It does have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable WiFi (Fn + F3), but that does nothing at all. (the other F-key hotkeys work). This machine does not have a hardware switch for WiFi.
    3. Reinstalled WiFi driver.
    4. Replaced WiFi card, installed drivers.
    5. Disabled power management (don't allow Windows to turn off wireless)
    6. Found a couple posts that said with Intel cards to disable 40hz. Now explicit setting for that here, but found one similar and changing it did nothing.
    7. I don't see anything in the BIOS for enabling/disabling it.
    8. Restarted machine multiple times. Also pulled battery and cord and held power for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Video of the problem:

Victor, Nov 7, 2023
Thema:

Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

1. Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off? - Similar Threads - Why WiFi laptop

2. Why my laptop monitor turns off suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop monitor turns off suddenly?: I was using my laptop this morning, but my laptop display turned off suddenly and it won't turned on again until I reatarted my laptop using power button and it turned on again.But it'll turn off again after using my laptop for a while.I restarted again and went to device...
  3. Why my laptop monitor turns off suddenly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop monitor turns off suddenly?: I was using my laptop this morning, but my laptop display turned off suddenly and it won't turned on again until I reatarted my laptop using power button and it turned on again.But it'll turn off again after using my laptop for a while.I restarted again and went to device...
  4. Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?: My WiFi is turned off. I tried network resetting and updating the drivers but it doesn't work. HELP MEE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wifi-on-my-laptop-turned-off/5ec04b81-01ee-47bb-a8e4-a73e28fa7532
  5. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  6. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  7. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...
  9. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...
  10. My laptop’s wifi keeps getting turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop’s wifi keeps getting turned off: My laptop’s wifi has been turning off whenever I turn off my laptop. So if I turn off my laptop while it has wifi, and then turn it back on, the wifi will be off. When I check the “Network” to turn the wifi back on, there are no wifi options. The wifi only comes back when I...