Windows 10: why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?

Discus and support why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; idk how but suddenly my whole touchpad was only right clicking and i couldn't select anything. I've already tried device manager and I've already gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ini Iro, Oct 21, 2024 at 9:37 PM.

1. Ini Iro Win User

why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?

idk how but suddenly my whole touchpad was only right clicking and i couldn't select anything. I've already tried device manager and I've already gone into my settings and found nothing. then i tried turning it on ad off but it's still not working. what should i do now?

:)

2. Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question:

Did you log in to the system using a standard user account or an administrator user account?

In order to make changes in Device Manager you MUST be logged on as an administrator.

After logging in to the administrator Account, I would suggest you first try updating the driver.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this doesn't solve your problem, you have to uninstall and then reinstall your driver in compatibility mode.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Now go to your manufacturer's website and re install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 21, 2024 at 9:43 PM
  3. BillTxn Win User
    Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

After installing Windows 10 in a Toshiba laptop which had been running Windows 8.1, there is a cursor but the left- and right-click functions of the synaptic touchpad do not work. I have searched through the hardware and accessibility settings and all
    appear correct. I have looked at uninstalling/reinstalling the touchpad driver in accessibility settings, but it is greyed out. Any suggestions on fixing this issue?

4. why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?

Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Thema:

why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?

1. why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click? - Similar Threads - why touchpad right

2. why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my touchpad right clicking when i try to left click?: idk how but suddenly my whole touchpad was only right clicking and i couldn't select anything. I've already tried device manager and I've already gone into my settings and found nothing. then i tried turning it on ad off but it's still not working. what should i do now?...
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  5. Desktop refresh when I try to left or right click!

Desktop refresh when I try to left or right click!: I am on my desktop and whenever I left or right-click on my home screen, my screen goes white for a second and goes back to normal like a refresh I guess and I then can't access my context menu at all.It is hard to explain as I have never gone through something like this...
  6. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  7. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  8. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

9. Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work

Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work: My HP Pavilion laptop 15 - cd0xx - was recently updated to windows 10. The touchpad will not do any right or left clicking. I have downloaded and installed the lasted drivers from HP and I have checked to ensure its enabled in settings. Its still not working. Any advice...
  10. I can't click left an right on the touchpad

I can't click left an right on the touchpad: I got a new laptop but I can't shoot while I am aiming in the game because it doesn't let me click both left and right at the same time is there any way to fix this?...