Windows 10: Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen

Discus and support Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,My laptop recently updated version 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3737 the other day. I noticed after doing that, every time I close my laptop and it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jshhndsd0, Jul 10, 2024.

1. jshhndsd0 Win User

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen

Hi,My laptop recently updated version 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3737 the other day. I noticed after doing that, every time I close my laptop and it goes into sleep mode, it wakes from the boot screen so I am constantly having to relaunch programs every time.I've checked my power settings and nothing has changed; sleep settings are still active.Looking for insight into what the issue could be.Thank you.

:)

jshhndsd0, Jul 10, 2024

2. Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can wake when the lid is open.

Hi, so followed all of the instructions and these are my experiences:

• I tried to close the lid and do what you've said like pointing the cursor to recycle bin and it works, after i did the folder was open. However, this is because when I close the lid my laptop still not in sleep mode. So i waited for it to sleep and see the light blinking then i tried clicking and there was no response.
    • Then, I tried the clean boot. Step by step as per instructions but nothing works. Still experiencing the same problem. I'm really wondering why, now i connected the hdmi cable and working with the monitor "Second Screen Only". The laptop lid is open and everything is working properly, I close the lid and still working fine. I tried to put it asleep but the mouse or keyboard can't wake the screen. Then I tried the same set up, second screen only, then put it asleep while the lid is open. Touch the mouse and my laptop was wake immediately.

Gerald Manalo1, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen 269222d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options.png

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen 269223d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options-2.png

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen 269224d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-plan2.png

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen 269225d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-power-plans.png

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen 51612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-screenshot_2020-03-04-intel-reg-driver-support-assistant.png

Chadi, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen - Similar Threads - Why sleeping laptop

2. Laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't wake from sleep: I've been having this recurring issue recently that I will be unable to wake the laptop from sleep. Not with the keyboard, trackpad or even the power button. I have to long press the power button and restart it if i want the laptop to respond at all.I managed to find a fix...
  3. Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen: Hi,My laptop recently updated version 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3737 the other day. I noticed after doing that, every time I close my laptop and it goes into sleep mode, it wakes from the boot screen so I am constantly having to relaunch programs every time.I've checked my power...
  4. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep: This doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. I just installed a fresh copy of Windows on my laptop to see if it would fix the issue. I installed all the drivers as well. It seems to be a bit better but I had a Blue Screen once.I don't know how to find that error...
  5. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep: This doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. I just installed a fresh copy of Windows on my laptop to see if it would fix the issue. I installed all the drivers as well. It seems to be a bit better but I had a Blue Screen once.I don't know how to find that error...
  6. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?: Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them. #System Info I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...
  10. Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking): When I put my laptop to sleep and then attempt to wake it up, it will power on (going through the boot up screens) instead of just waking up, thus causing me to lose any information open on the computer. I have tried a few things to try to wake it up to no avail: sfc...