Windows 10: Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

Discus and support Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gourry25, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Gourry25 Win User

Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a look at the crash log and let me know it would be of help. Thank youLet me know what i need to share in the logs and where to link it from .

:)

Gourry25, Jun 21, 2023
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 21, 2023
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 21, 2023
  4. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

PC won't boot up suddenly

I was hoping that by now someone on this forum could recommend some steps i can take to repair my desktop pc. I outlined the problem and steps i have taken so far. I still havent found the reason for the problem or figured out a solution. I guess no one can offer me any additional suggestions to help. Thanks anyway.

bearcatjer, Jun 21, 2023
Thema:

Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

1. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting? - Similar Threads - Why suddenly rebooting

2. why pc shuts down suddenly and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why pc shuts down suddenly and reboot: The computer restarts when I play Dead by Daylight, Shadow of War, or Bayonetta 2 on the emulator. Does anyone have an idea what the reason might be? I've heard about issues like power supply or software problems, or even electrical connections in the apartment.This has been...
  3. why pc shuts down suddenly and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why pc shuts down suddenly and reboot: The computer restarts when I play Dead by Daylight, Shadow of War, or Bayonetta 2 on the emulator. Does anyone have an idea what the reason might be? I've heard about issues like power supply or software problems, or even electrical connections in the apartment.This has been...
  4. why pc shuts down suddenly and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?: My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a look at the crash log and let me know it would be of help. Thank youLet me know what i need to share in the logs and where to...
  6. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?: My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a look at the crash log and let me know it would be of help. Thank youLet me know what i need to share in the logs and where to...
  7. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

PC Suddenly froze and rebooted: Hello.My PC randomly froze up and rebooted itself without showing a BSOD, in which I'm sure it has one but didn't just pop out on screen. It happened when I was gaming. I checked the event viewer and it has a log that my PC recovered from a bugcheck and created a dmp...
  8. my pc in recent times reboots suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc in recent times reboots suddenly: Hello everyone, my pc in recent times reboots suddenly and I can not understand why. I don't use the partition with Windows very much, so I don't know when and how it started. I can tell you that even with Linux sometimes reboots, but not as frequent as with Windows. I...
  9. my pc in recent times reboots suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc in recent times reboots suddenly: Hello everyone, my pc in recent times reboots suddenly and I can not understand why. I don't use the partition with Windows very much, so I don't know when and how it started. I can tell you that even with Linux sometimes reboots, but not as frequent as with Windows. I...
  10. my pc in recent times reboots suddenly