Windows 10: Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

Discus and support Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I got a new PC recently but it has been constantly crashing. This happens when playing more graphical intensive games like The Finals and Red Dead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ewan Whitelegg, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

Hi, I got a new PC recently but it has been constantly crashing. This happens when playing more graphical intensive games like The Finals and Red Dead Redemption 2. The weird thing is if I don't turn it off straight after it crashes, when it next turns on the graphics card drivers are all messed up and I have to reinstall them. It doesn't do this if I turn the PC off before the screen goes all black when it crashes. It always shows the same things in the event viewer. "ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.TZ01 has been enumerated." This is then followed by "The system

:)

Ewan Whitelegg, Jan 11, 2024

2. Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jan 11, 2024
  3. Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 11, 2024
  4. peach1971 Win User

Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 11, 2024
Thema:

Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

1. Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games? - Similar Threads - Why crashing constantly

2. Constant PC crashing when playing games and only during gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant PC crashing when playing games and only during gaming.: I recently built a pc myself. Everything,like watching youtube, accessing web browser, downloading files work fine without any problems, except only when i start any gaming application, the pc will randomly crash within 10-15mins. This has happened so far to every game that I...
  3. Constant PC crashing when playing games and only during gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant PC crashing when playing games and only during gaming.: I recently built a pc myself. Everything,like watching youtube, accessing web browser, downloading files work fine without any problems, except only when i start any gaming application, the pc will randomly crash within 10-15mins. This has happened so far to every game that I...
  4. Constant Crash events when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crash events when playing games.: Im getting the below error in events tracker Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}'System spec is 64g DDR5 Ryzen 7950x CPU4090 GPU...
  5. Constant Crash events when playing games.

Constant Crash events when playing games.: Im getting the below error in events tracker Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}'System spec is 64g DDR5 Ryzen 7950x CPU4090 GPU...
  6. my pc crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc crashes when playing games: i i have had this pc for around 2 years and in the beginning i had little to no crashes but it started going up to the point where it happens 4-6 times a dayi am quite good with pc's and know how to solve things usualy but this time i dont know i have tried changing settings...
  7. Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?: Hi, I got a new PC recently but it has been constantly crashing. This happens when playing more graphical intensive games like The Finals and Red Dead Redemption 2. The weird thing is if I don't turn it off straight after it crashes, when it next turns on the graphics card...
  8. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  9. My Pc Crashing when playing games

My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  10. Constant crashing when playing newer games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant crashing when playing newer games: Every time I play a game that's at all demanding of my computer (specifically Assassin's Creed : Oddysey and Dishonored 2, it crashes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. This issue has only come up after switching out my old, AMD R7 360 for an Nvidia 770 2GB. When the game...