Windows 10: Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

Discus and support Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Jayvir Lindo, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard

:)

Steven Jayvir Lindo, Jan 3, 2024

2. Keyboard typing random letters

I am running Windows 10 build 18945 and random applications (most of them) are getting typed in random letters. I have found many things saying check your input language but i only have one that is English (US).

And the random letter a key will type is not always the same. I can hold down 'a' for instance and it'll type a series of numbers and letters. So it is not consistent

Example, copy and pasted holding down 'a'

One of the only applications that correctly recognizes the input is Firefox

Pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue, because it is not in all applications.

This is an integrated keyboard in the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

It also seems to be intermittent

EDIT If i remember right, this started around disabling credential and device guard (I can't use any emulator/virtualization with them on because the virtualization is then exclsuively used by Hyper-V, and i needed to run Intel HAXM)

linuxandria, Jan 3, 2024
  3. Random letters than the desired number.

awhile ago I opened up the laptop to play some games and browse something. I realized something went wrong the moment I start pressing the keys at my keyboard, instead of numbers it responded with letters some even had 3 letters per one number. I tried all
    of the possible solutions like reinstalling and updating the keyboard(external) driver to no avail it didn't work. I also tried to change the input language and removing the auto-correction at Microsoft office then restarting the laptop for a few times. Till
    now I'm still finding for solution.

P.S

Can't go outside because of the threat of covid virus and I can't probably take it to some hardware or technicians. I'm using the laptop's built-in keyboard right now.

JokerCentipede, Jan 3, 2024
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jan 3, 2024
Thema:

Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

1. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number... - Similar Threads - Why keyboard inputting

2. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  3. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key: like for example if press the letter I instead of "i" showing up it types in "i]=8", how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-putting-in-the-wrong-lettersinputs/096c4ffe-d013-4767-b0d9-65d295640295
  4. my keyboard is putting in the wrong letters/inputs whenever i press a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...: Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-inputting-random-letters-when-i/4fa47cd9-5cae-4edb-b059-ac8a56acd06b
  6. Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...

Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number...: Why is my keyboard inputting random letters when I press certain letters? But I my number is perfectly working I have 60% keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-inputting-random-letters-when-i/4fa47cd9-5cae-4edb-b059-ac8a56acd06b
  7. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  8. My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...: running windows 10 on a Dell Precision laptopWhen I have larger PDF docs open my keyboard appears to start typing random letters. After several times of this happening and rebooting to clear the issue, I've come to realize this only happens when I have a pdf documents open...
  9. My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key

My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key: Since this morning, my surface keyboard is not working right. For example, when I type the letter a, what appears is apb When I type the number 1, what appears is x1 When I type the number 3, what appears is v3 When I type the letter p, what appears is pb When I type...
  10. When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o

When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o: When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o. I have tried restarting, changing language and location and no dice. An help would be much appreciated....