Windows 10: Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

Discus and support Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, recently I got a new GPU, an RTX 3070. Even knowing my CPU could bottleneck my GPU I decided to go for it.I felt the bottleneck wouldn't be that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Do2k, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Do2k Win User

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

Hi, recently I got a new GPU, an RTX 3070. Even knowing my CPU could bottleneck my GPU I decided to go for it.I felt the bottleneck wouldn't be that bad since I looked for benchmarks with the same components and it seemed like I wouldn't get extreme frame drops, the videos I found went from 70fps to 110fps in the games I wanted to play God of War, Cyberpunk 2077, etc., but it didn't go as expected, the usage on my components is around 9-14% on my CPU and 20-40% on my GPU and 60-70% on my RAM and I have frame drops from 50 to 30 fps in some cases.These are my components:OS: Windows 11CPU: i5-

:)

2. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Feb 12, 2023
  3. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I noticed my system using 4gb ram to gpu that included my cpu. -MY GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER MY CPU: Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G with Vega Graphics- Then I started to play games (valorant, watch dogs 2, forza horizon 5 etc.) and I used OSD Screen. My GPU working normal but CPU working at under 10% usage. And when fps drops the second gpu's (vega that i did not connect anything) usage going up. my english might be not good but I think you can understand the problem.
    there is my OSD and Performance Viewer results.

My mainboard: MSI b450m a pro max
    my memory: 24gb 3000mhz gskill (16+8)

my GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
    my CPU: Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games? 8f8c4740-f842-42d7-97e3-e3319bf0c5a7?upload=true.png

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games? 732a300b-f4b9-4ebb-9dce-b96a8bbbd158?upload=true.png

Mehmet Arif Duran, Feb 12, 2023
  4. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

Random low gpu usage leads to whole pc on 10 and below fps

Hi, I have a pc with specs:

Intel Xeon 2600

Amd rx460

16gb ram ddr3 1300mhz (i think)

Psu cooler master 550W

Windows 10 pro

First when I bought the pc, the fps in game was great and I could list the games such as,

Warzone- 55+ fps

Apex- 70+ fps

Valorant- 90+ fps

Genshin- steady 60 fps

But lately, I noticed when i booted windows, it load so slow and my whole windows is lagging. It couldn’t even load calculator.

So i did some test run on Apex with task manager on,

I noticed that the gpu usage was below 20% and cpu usage on about 60%. And funny, when i flick my gpu, sometimes it will run like normal. The usage on gpu will be back on 90% to 100%. But then for some times it will be on low usage. I did check on all power management and all. I set it to high performance already. And in the amd software i didnt set any fps limit. Oh and also the gpu doesnt run hot. I mean the temperature is even on 52C (usage on 20%). It acted like it didnt wanna run on full performance. (Let you know when it run on high usage, the temp will reach on 70C).

The question is, is my gpu gonna be dead or it is the loose pcie? Or is it the psu that doesnt supply enough power? Because i dont think its my cpu bottlenecking because it runs fine before.

Oh and also i saw an error that says WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in BSOD.

Thanks for those who are willing to answer my question..

Syaden Husni, Feb 12, 2023
Thema:

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

1. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games? - Similar Threads - Why GPU CPU

2. Why is my Gpu usage so low ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Gpu usage so low ?: Hello, i have recently installed a new GPU into my pc. Replacing my old 1060 3gb with a RTX 3070, however when i load onto the game my cpu usage can go up to 60-70% whereas my GPU cant go any higher than 20% it seems. I have installed all the drivers on both gefororce and...
  3. Why is my Gpu usage so low ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my Gpu usage so low ?: Hello, i have recently installed a new GPU into my pc. Replacing my old 1060 3gb with a RTX 3070, however when i load onto the game my cpu usage can go up to 60-70% whereas my GPU cant go any higher than 20% it seems. I have installed all the drivers on both gefororce and...
  4. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?: I have a GTX 1660 Super paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz processor, B550 Gaming PLUS motherboard, 16Gb RAM, and a 465Gb SSD which I use to run the game I am talking about.My issue is that when I am playing a game such as Java Minecraft using Forge to load mods, my FPS drops...
  5. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?: I have a GTX 1660 Super paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz processor, B550 Gaming PLUS motherboard, 16Gb RAM, and a 465Gb SSD which I use to run the game I am talking about.My issue is that when I am playing a game such as Java Minecraft using Forge to load mods, my FPS drops...
  6. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  7. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  8. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?: Hi, recently I got a new GPU, an RTX 3070. Even knowing my CPU could bottleneck my GPU I decided to go for it.I felt the bottleneck wouldn't be that bad since I looked for benchmarks with the same components and it seemed like I wouldn't get extreme frame drops, the videos I...
  9. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  10. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...