Windows 10: Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

Discus and support Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My F and V keys are for some reason increasing and decreasing my audio. Before it's not like this but one day, this happened. I tried alot of solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nicholas Alinskie, Oct 18, 2024 at 11:22 PM.

1. Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

My F and V keys are for some reason increasing and decreasing my audio. Before it's not like this but one day, this happened. I tried alot of solutions like checking my key binds, restarting my computer, unplugging and plugging back my keyboard but none of those work. My keyboard brand is Fantech. Please help

:)

Nicholas Alinskie, Oct 18, 2024 at 11:22 PM

2. Issue with my F and V keys.

Hi.

For a few months now I have had an issue with the keys F and V on my keyboard. When I press these keys, they are unresponsive and don't input anything. However, although I cannot type the letters f or v, when I hold down shift and press F and V simultaneously it either pauses or unpauses the last audio playing. I am wondering how to solve this and be able to type using my f and v keys without an on screen keyboard again.

RosieRoberts1, Oct 18, 2024 at 11:26 PM
  3. Issue with my F and V keys.

Hi Dave

Unfortunately, after toggling in-game overlay to off the problem persists and I am still unable to use my F and V keys outside of the shift + f + v shortcut that pauses/unpauses the last audio.

RosieRoberts1, Oct 18, 2024 at 11:26 PM
  4. Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

Audio control keys won't work on Windows 10

Hi Agic,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation with the audio control keys won't work on your Windows phone. We're happy to assist you to fix your issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Is the issue specific to the audio control keys?
    I suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install audio drivers from the manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

2. Open device manager.

3. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers”.

4. Right-click on ‘High Definition Audio Device and select ‘uninstall’.

5. Follow the prompt and restart the computer.

Now re-install latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let's refer to the link below:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Thema:

Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

1. Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio? - Similar Threads - Why keys controlling

2. Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?: My F and V keys are for some reason increasing and decreasing my audio. Before it's not like this but one day, this happened. I tried alot of solutions like checking my key binds, restarting my computer, unplugging and plugging back my keyboard but none of those work. My...
  3. Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my F and V keys controlling my audio?: My F and V keys are for some reason increasing and decreasing my audio. Before it's not like this but one day, this happened. I tried alot of solutions like checking my key binds, restarting my computer, unplugging and plugging back my keyboard but none of those work. My...
  4. My "F" key stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "F" key stops working.: I've been having an issue with my laptop and I am unsure if it is a Windows error or what. My "F" key stops working after a few seconds of restarting my laptop. It is definitely not a physical problem as I can't get that key to work on neither the laptop keyboard, a separate...
  5. Why does my V key not work alone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my V key not work alone?: Hello, so i am getting an issue about my V key that if i don't press shift or alt with it, it does not work. I haVe tried with external keyboard and eVen with on-screen keyboard. Its a weird software issue. It works for like 2 to 3 seconds when my PC boots but i guess its a...
  6. Why does my V key not work alone?

Why does my V key not work alone?: Hello, so i am getting an issue about my V key that if i don't press shift or alt with it, it does not work. I haVe tried with external keyboard and eVen with on-screen keyboard. Its a weird software issue. It works for like 2 to 3 seconds when my PC boots but i guess its a...
  7. Issue with my F and V keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with my F and V keys.: Hi. For a few months now I have had an issue with the keys F and V on my keyboard. When I press these keys, they are unresponsive and don't input anything. However, although I cannot type the letters f or v, when I hold down shift and press F and V simultaneously it either...
  8. Issue with my F and V keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with my F and V keys.: Hi. For a few months now I have had an issue with the keys F and V on my keyboard. When I press these keys, they are unresponsive and don't input anything. However, although I cannot type the letters f or v, when I hold down shift and press F and V simultaneously it either...
  9. Issue with my F and V keys.

10. How to control SOME of the f-keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to control SOME of the f-keys?: I have a Dell XPS 13 2in1 laptop with Windows 10, which seems to have two settings for the f-keys that are switchable via fn and esc. The trouble is I can either get my choice for keys f1 to f9 and unwanted functions for f10 to f12 or vice-versa. This is frustrating. How...