Windows 10: Why is my download speed tanking?

Discus and support Why is my download speed tanking? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using spectrum router, my internet speed is so slow that i cannot download most things 14mbps download my upload is 20 as usual, that's fine, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Agel., Oct 22, 2024 at 1:17 PM.

1. Why is my download speed tanking?

I'm using spectrum router, my internet speed is so slow that i cannot download most things 14mbps download my upload is 20 as usual, that's fine, my ping is low as usual, that's fine, but my download is always at 600mbps, what is wrong with my Wi-Fi, I've tried ethernet cables, other devices, without ethernet cables, and this computer is the only device having the issue please help, before this happened all i did was turn off power throttling since my games wouldn't stop going into efficiency mode, but my download speed was completely fine after that too, it just magically happened I'm not

:)

Matthew Agel., Oct 22, 2024 at 1:17 PM

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 22, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  3. My download speed keeps tanking

Recently my laptop (MSI GF63) has started giving me issues with the internet, specifically the download speed.

I'll be doing almost anything, but it mostly happens when I'm playing a game. Everything will stop moving, typical of an internet disconnection, but the internet still says it's working fine. The fix is to just disconnect and reconnect to the wifi, but that's getting annoying to do in the middle of my ranked games, where 90% of the time the disonnection makes me get kicked.

I know it's only the download speed that gets tanked because during the "disconnect", if I'm on a call with someone they'll still be able to hear me perfectly fine, but everything on my end will freeze.
    I also know that it's not an issue with the internet, because it has happened over several networks, and nobody on my internet has the same issue as me.

Also a few things to note:
    - I'm on windows 11 (Latest version)
    - I've tried updating my wifi drivers
    - I've given my computer time to rest, I turned it completely off for a few days just to see if that was the issue.

I'm mostly just trying to figure out if this is a software issue I can fix on my own (And how to do said fix) or if it's a hardware issue that I'm going to need to get fixed at a repair place.

Kaleb Jenkins, Oct 22, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  4. Why is my download speed tanking?

Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

• The latest update I have showing is "2018-02 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 based system KB4074588"
    • I've tried all the below steps suggested by Eeshwar Kumar in this link: Redirecting
    • And also all by Jane La in the below: Redirecting

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Oct 22, 2024 at 1:18 PM
Thema:

Why is my download speed tanking?

1. Why is my download speed tanking? - Similar Threads - Why download speed

2. Why is my download speed tanking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my download speed tanking?: I'm using spectrum router, my internet speed is so slow that i cannot download most things 14mbps download my upload is 20 as usual, that's fine, my ping is low as usual, that's fine, but my download is always at 600mbps, what is wrong with my Wi-Fi, I've tried ethernet...
  3. My download speed keeps tanking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed keeps tanking: Recently my laptop MSI GF63 has started giving me issues with the internet, specifically the download speed.I'll be doing almost anything, but it mostly happens when I'm playing a game. Everything will stop moving, typical of an internet disconnection, but the internet still...
  4. My download speed keeps tanking

My download speed keeps tanking: Recently my laptop MSI GF63 has started giving me issues with the internet, specifically the download speed.I'll be doing almost anything, but it mostly happens when I'm playing a game. Everything will stop moving, typical of an internet disconnection, but the internet still...
  5. why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?: Having an issue with a Dell Optiplex7050 that I recently upgraded to windows 11. My dell is connected via internet and is getting close to 900mbps upload and >1 mbps upload speed which is pretty ridiculousNot sure what is happening here, problem is not with my ISP as upload...
  6. why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?

why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?: Having an issue with a Dell Optiplex7050 that I recently upgraded to windows 11. My dell is connected via internet and is getting close to 900mbps upload and >1 mbps upload speed which is pretty ridiculousNot sure what is happening here, problem is not with my ISP as upload...
  7. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else: I've been having this issue where on my computer my Wifi is being clocked at 900kb/s where as my tablet next to my pc is clocking 400 mb/s and my Xbox in the same room as my pc is clocking the same 250 to 400 mb/s. I've tried the links recommended on other forums and none of...
  8. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else: I've been having this issue where on my computer my Wifi is being clocked at 900kb/s where as my tablet next to my pc is clocking 400 mb/s and my Xbox in the same room as my pc is clocking the same 250 to 400 mb/s. I've tried the links recommended on other forums and none of...
  9. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Why Is Pocket Tanks Not Available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Is Pocket Tanks Not Available?: Hello Microsoft. I would like to know why pocket tanks isn't available. I would like to play it someday, but unfortunately, I cannot. So here is my question. Will you ever bring back pocket tanks back to Windows 10? Thank you, -Kyle Diaz...