Windows 10: Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?

Discus and support Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever im using my mic like on a discord call, or im screen capturing or streaming on twitch or youtube, my desktop audio becomes stuffed or muffled,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shreyash Pandey, Oct 8, 2024 at 9:52 AM.

1. Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?

Whenever im using my mic like on a discord call, or im screen capturing or streaming on twitch or youtube, my desktop audio becomes stuffed or muffled, for example, i could be on a discord call, or streaming on youtube while playing a game, any game, and my mic is in use, the audio becomes muffled and unusable, but as soon as i stop, it becomes normal again, someone help!!!

:)

Shreyash Pandey, Oct 8, 2024 at 9:52 AM

2. How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?

Hi BP. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for muffled sound from microphone:

https://www.musicianwave.com/why-does-my-mic-so...

Mic Sounds Muffled? 5 Reasons Why & How To Fix It

https://musicianshq.com/7-reasons-why-your-cond...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on detailed results you post back I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Oct 8, 2024 at 9:53 AM
  3. Jwnn Win User
    My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any audio I hear. For months, I dealt with it by simply using headphones but the issue recently became worse for me when I could hear the drowning audio even when my mic is not in use. I once again tried to look on the internet for solutions, which was useless before this time when I came across bpmotie's question on this forum, who's issue is quite similar to mine. (here's the link to the thread since I couldn't reply to it: Redirecting) I found a solution with the help of their thread.

Sir Greg didn't give a direct fix to our issue, but it lead me to finally discovering how. I checked this YouTube video that he linked and tried to find the right settings for me.

Basically, here's how I did it:

> Open Settings
    > Go to Sound Settings
    > Click the "More Sound Settings" pop up
    > Select your default speakers, then select properties (at the bottom right of the box)
    > Go to the "Advanced" section
    > Under Signal Enhancements, uncheck the "Enable audio enhancements"
    > Click apply at the bottom right of the pop-up window.

This was able to immediately fix my issue. I made this post to help those who might also be experiencing the same thing since it was really hard to find a fix. I hope this helps!

4. Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?

my mic is muffled UGH

Ok so I been playing on my PC right,running on windows 8.1 for certain reasons,and anyway my mic is VERY VERY muffled...and I mean it sonds as if im at the bottom of the mariana trench,i have it all the way up and boosted to 30,also I am using 1 pair of
    headphones as actual headphones and then using a gaming headset with a built in mic as my mic,if anyone has anyway to boost my sound more or make it so im not muffled and can actually play some SCP and talk,i would be very thankful

Almighty421Sosa, Oct 8, 2024 at 9:53 AM
Thema:

Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?

1. Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use? - Similar Threads - Why Desktop audio

2. Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Desktop audio stuffed/muffled when mic is in use?: Whenever im using my mic like on a discord call, or im screen capturing or streaming on twitch or youtube, my desktop audio becomes stuffed or muffled, for example, i could be on a discord call, or streaming on youtube while playing a game, any game, and my mic is in use, the...
  3. My mic is sounding muffled and distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic is sounding muffled and distorted: Hi. I recently got a new laptop and it worked perfectly. However, recently it has started really muffling my mic to the extent that you cannot understand what is being said and sometimes no audio comes through at all. I know it is not my microphone because I am having the...
  4. My mic is sounding muffled and distorted

My mic is sounding muffled and distorted: Hi. I recently got a new laptop and it worked perfectly. However, recently it has started really muffling my mic to the extent that you cannot understand what is being said and sometimes no audio comes through at all. I know it is not my microphone because I am having the...
  5. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  6. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  7. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  8. How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?: I'm currently trying to record a song on my laptop using Bandlab, however the background music im using becomes silent when I'm about to record the vocals. The audio output only picks up dialogues or voices but not the background music. The output sounds more like when you...
  9. How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?

How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?: I'm currently trying to record a song on my laptop using Bandlab, however the background music im using becomes silent when I'm about to record the vocals. The audio output only picks up dialogues or voices but not the background music. The output sounds more like when you...
  10. Mic is Suddenly Muffled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is Suddenly Muffled: Hi reddit! I have this mic for about 5 months and it has been working perfectly with a clear and crisp voice. That was up until 2 days ago where the mic suddenly became muffled. The night before I had not done anything to it and I went to sleep only for it to appear muffled...