Windows 10: Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

Discus and support Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ahmed Al-Absi, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my real name. How can I resolve this problem?Thanks in advance.

:)

Ahmed Al-Absi, Dec 20, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name? 186588d1525020113t-account-name-user-name-settings.jpg

Brink, Dec 20, 2023
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Dec 20, 2023
  4. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

I can't change my Microsft Account Name.

Hi Garret,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are unable to change your name in Microsoft account.

The account name you change online affects the name that is shown at the top-right of your Start screen. I would suggest that you switch to local account and then change the name on your Microsoft account. Once you change the name, you can switch back to
    the Microsoft account.

Try the following steps to switch to local account from Microsoft account and vice-versa.

• Select the Start
      Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name? [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Your account.

• Select Sign in with a Local account account instead.
    After signing with Local account, change the Microsoft account name and repeat the above steps to switch back to sign in with Microsoft account.

Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 20, 2023
Thema:

Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

1. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name? - Similar Threads - Why account name

2. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  3. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  4. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  5. Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event': Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'?This is shown:I would expect "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" under "Me" to the right.So I don't see it the calendar on my smartphone.But ut works "the other direction".The event is created on my...
  6. Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'

Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event': Why is not my account's name shown in 'View event'?This is shown:I would expect "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" under "Me" to the right.So I don't see it the calendar on my smartphone.But ut works "the other direction".The event is created on my...
  7. How to display Account Name instead of Real Name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display Account Name instead of Real Name?: How do I switch from Full Name display on my log screen even my emails via the Mail app to my Account Name?I believe Windows 8.1 did used my Local Account name, and I link it to my MS Account, but there seems to be no way to do this on Windows 10.SMH, it's been 6+ years, yet...
  8. How to display Account Name instead of Real Name?

How to display Account Name instead of Real Name?: How do I switch from Full Name display on my log screen even my emails via the Mail app to my Account Name?I believe Windows 8.1 did used my Local Account name, and I link it to my MS Account, but there seems to be no way to do this on Windows 10.SMH, it's been 6+ years, yet...
  9. How to display Account Name instead of Real Name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. why is my microsoft account name butchered

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my microsoft account name butchered: What is happening? Microsoft update changed my Microsoft account name??? Say: if my local account name was = 'painful', Microsoft changed it to 'painful_xyz2erh' - the display name is correct though. How do I change the Microsoft Account name to my preferred name? - Tepa...