Windows 10: why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11?

Discus and support why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Less-Trifle-6379 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Less-Trifle-6379, Jun 30, 2024 at 10:22 AM.

1. why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11?

/u/Less-Trifle-6379, Jun 30, 2024 at 10:22 AM
  2. DJG
    DJG Win User

Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be getting new MB and CPU when I move to Win11. And I always do system volume image backups after I successfully update Windows so no problem there *Smile. Cheers!

3. Megahertz Win User
    Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

I suggest you do a drive image backup of your current win 10 drive. I had some issues with Win 11 and I roll back using the Win10 image. As you don't have a Win 11 supported CPU, you have to tweak the Win 11 installation files. How to upgrade from Win11 21h2 to Win 11 22h2 - A guide | Windows 11 Forum It is the same process to upgrade from win 10

4. why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11?

Stuck in S Mode Windows 11

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Would you mind giving these steps a try and then informing me of the outcome? Feel free to skip the ones you've already tried:

1. Basic Troubleshooting

1. Check System Time and Date:

Ensure that the time and date on your computer are correct. Incorrect time settings can cause issues with the Microsoft Store.
    2. Update Microsoft Store:
      • Open the Microsoft Store app.
      • Go to "My Library" and select "Get Updates" to ensure all apps are up to date.
    3. Reset Microsoft Store:
      • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
      • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. This will reset the Microsoft Store cache.

2. Using Microsoft Account

1. Open Settings:
      • Press Windows + I to open Settings.
      • Navigate to System > Activation.
    2. Switch to Windows 11 Pro:
      • Under "Switch to Windows 11 Pro," click "Go to the Store."
      • In the Microsoft Store, click the "Get" button to switch out of S Mode.

3. Advanced Troubleshooting

If the above steps do not work, you can try more advanced methods:

1. Reset Microsoft Store via PowerShell:
      • Open PowerShell as an administrator.
      • Run the following command:

• Restart your computer and try switching out of S Mode again.
    2. Reinstall Microsoft Store:
      • Open PowerShell as an administrator.
      • Uninstall Microsoft Store:

• Reinstall Microsoft Store:

• Restart your computer and attempt to switch out of S Mode again.

4. Disabling Secure Boot (If No Microsoft Account)

1. Access UEFI/BIOS:
      • Restart your computer and enter the UEFI/BIOS settings (usually by pressing F2, F10, Del, or Esc during startup).
      • Disable Secure Boot in the UEFI settings.
    2. Save and Exit:
      • Save the changes and exit the UEFI/BIOS.
      • Your computer will reboot, and S Mode should be disabled.
    Please do let me know if the method I suggested works for you or if you need further assistance.

Munkhbayar B., Jun 30, 2024 at 10:28 AM
Thema:

why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11?

1. why is microsoft basically forcing you to switch to win 11? - Similar Threads - why microsoft basically

2. Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11: I need to upgrade y laptop but i need to be able to move the taskbar to the top, when is this option going to be installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-you-not-fixing-the-moveable-taskbar-option/0856b0e8-bf3b-4cc7-8161-9a890e9c72fc
  3. Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11: I need to upgrade y laptop but i need to be able to move the taskbar to the top, when is this option going to be installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-you-not-fixing-the-moveable-taskbar-option/0856b0e8-bf3b-4cc7-8161-9a890e9c72fc
  4. Forced Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Win 11 upgrade: [ATTACH] My computer initiated a Win 11 update without any warning. Now it showed this screen submitted by /u/Travelingexec2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16xzxlm/forced_win_11_upgrade/
  5. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  6. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  7. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

8. Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?

Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?: I spend 95% of my important work, social networking and just browsing, composing messages or poems, HERE on my newest PC, which I'm told is compatible with Win 11I have no camera connected here.I have no microphone connected here.All the features I've seen so far delineated...
  9. Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?: I spend 95% of my important work, social networking and just browsing, composing messages or poems, HERE on my newest PC, which I'm told is compatible with Win 11I have no camera connected here.I have no microphone connected here.All the features I've seen so far delineated...
  10. forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!: Why are users forced win 10 updates? You've already destroyed my gameing-PC twice with the updates that it did not work anymore (Needs special drivers) - I had to invest many hours each time to restore my Gaming-PC. You have to give users the choice to install any updates or...