Windows 10: Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

Discus and support Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dom0324, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Dom0324 Win User

Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I exported the policy, added it to a USB, and migrated it to computer B. When I import the policy into the Local Security Policy editor AppLocker location, I see that the same number of rules come across as I had on computer A great!. However, it doesn't not seem like the enforcement is the same on both systems. Computer B i

:)

Dom0324, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Brink Win User
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Import a single firewall rule

Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule?

I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the rule(s) to another system or to the same system at a later date?

All I've been able to find is how to import firewall policy.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2023
  4. ahmd Win User

Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

Dude, thanks for the info and sorry for my late reply. I've been bashing my head against it but I still can't make it work. I did everything like it says there but it still didn't do anything. It doesn't block anything. The only difference that I see in your tutorial is this line:

Like I said I have Pro.

Thema:

1. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when... - Similar Threads - Why AppLocker imported

2. [Import-Certificate], UnauthorizedAccessException E_ACCESSDENIED when tring to import cert...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Import-Certificate], UnauthorizedAccessException E_ACCESSDENIED when tring to import cert...: Hi,I'm really struggling with this one! So a bit of context first : I'm using a powershell module that I've made on my own. This module automatically creates à hyper-v VM, installs windows in it, runs scripts that install applications silently, syspreps and makes all of this...
  3. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  4. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  5. WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error: I've used the Microsoft documentation example code to create a powershell script that takes a Microsoft Base WDAC policy and adds filepaths rules and policy options. This is great as I can store the small powershell script in source control and easily make changes & reproduce...
  6. WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error: I've used the Microsoft documentation example code to create a powershell script that takes a Microsoft Base WDAC policy and adds filepaths rules and policy options. This is great as I can store the small powershell script in source control and easily make changes & reproduce...
  7. WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos: This problem originated in Lightroom, but was reproduced in Capture One as well. When importing or exporting photos, computer would freeze - everything is unresponsive - and to reboot, I have to cut the power switch on the power supply. Computer boots back up perfectly fine...
  9. Import a single firewall rule

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Import a single firewall rule: Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule? I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the rule(s) to another system or to the same system at a later date? All I've been able to find is how to import firewall...
  10. Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and...