Windows 10: Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?

Discus and support Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11 when Microsmurf is removing so much of the functionality we have had in Windows 10? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maxxwell13, Oct 22, 2024 at 10:42 AM.

1. Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?

Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11 when Microsmurf is removing so much of the functionality we have had in Windows 10? I just read the current version of what has been deprecated from Windows 11. if anything, Windows 11 has become even more restrictive since it was first released. Obviously the idjits at Microsmurf who make the decisions have totally discounted what the user response has been? What to include, what not to include. They just steam-roll out what "they" think everyone wants/needs.

:)

2. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

3. dougboes Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

4. Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?

Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

Okay Thanks! but I have a few more questions...

1. Do you know how many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

Thema:

Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?

1. Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why world anyone

2. Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11?: Why in the world would anyone want to "upgrade" to Windows 11 when Microsmurf is removing so much of the functionality we have had in Windows 10? I just read the current version of what has been deprecated from Windows 11. if anything, Windows 11 has become even more...
  3. I have a 4790K and want to know why Microsoft would not support it with windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a 4790K and want to know why Microsoft would not support it with windows 11.: So the next question is are they going to stop supporting Windows 10 making me buy a new MOB and Processor. My system runs great. no need to replace it....
  4. Why would Microsoft assume no one wanted to see folder thumbnails in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would Microsoft assume no one wanted to see folder thumbnails in Windows 11?: I've been through all of these threads & tried several different methods & I still can't see my thumbnails. Why would Microsoft EVER assume this is something that we needed? Is there anyone who knows how to restore this feature? It's super annoying as I rely on images to know...
  5. Why would Microsoft assume no one wanted to see folder thumbnails in Windows 11?

Why would Microsoft assume no one wanted to see folder thumbnails in Windows 11?: I've been through all of these threads & tried several different methods & I still can't see my thumbnails. Why would Microsoft EVER assume this is something that we needed? Is there anyone who knows how to restore this feature? It's super annoying as I rely on images to know...
  6. Why would I want windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would I want windows 11?: It seems pretty obvious to me that 'upgrading' to Windows 11 is a waste of time. Also unnecessarily complicated. To have what I can only see as less features and customization options?What a joke. If windows had a legit competitor. This wouldn't be possible....
  7. Why would I want windows 11?

Why would I want windows 11?: It seems pretty obvious to me that 'upgrading' to Windows 11 is a waste of time. Also unnecessarily complicated. To have what I can only see as less features and customization options?What a joke. If windows had a legit competitor. This wouldn't be possible....
  8. Want to upgrade to Windows 11 BUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to upgrade to Windows 11 BUT: The PC Health App Check Tells me these two thingsMy PC must support Secure BootTMP 2.0 must be enabled. In the dumbest way possible can someone explain to me how to fix that or if I need to buy new parts for my PC to upgrade?...
  9. Want to upgrade to Windows 11 BUT

Want to upgrade to Windows 11 BUT: The PC Health App Check Tells me these two thingsMy PC must support Secure BootTMP 2.0 must be enabled. In the dumbest way possible can someone explain to me how to fix that or if I need to buy new parts for my PC to upgrade?...
  10. Why would anyone get windows S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why would anyone get windows S mode: Surely at some point you will want to use an app not available. at microsoft store Then you would have to switch out of S mode to use that app and you can't switch back. Seems useless unless you are totally paranoid....