Windows 10: why i cannot enter administrator password

Discus and support why i cannot enter administrator password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; every time i try to download a file it shows me the administrator password but i can't enter anything witch pretty much makes my pc useless and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by henry batista, Sep 30, 2024 at 9:57 PM.

1. why i cannot enter administrator password

every time i try to download a file it shows me the administrator password but i can't enter anything witch pretty much makes my pc useless and it was driving me crazy

:)

henry batista, Sep 30, 2024 at 9:57 PM
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Manage user accounts in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 30, 2024 at 10:03 PM
  4. why i cannot enter administrator password

Cannot open my my computer. It's protected by a password I didn't enter.

Hi Akshit,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

Let us try the following step, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Let us try to enable the built in administrator account and check the functionality.

Follow the steps:

• Press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart.

• Follow the path Troubleshoot> Advanced Options > Start Up settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Choose Enable Safe Mode with
      Command Prompt

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.
    Note: In this command, <Password> represents the actual password
    that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    Note: Type net user administrator /active:no to disable the
    Built-in Administrator.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thema:

why i cannot enter administrator password

1. why i cannot enter administrator password - Similar Threads - why cannot enter

2. why i cannot enter administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cannot enter administrator password: every time i try to download a file it shows me the administrator password but i can't enter anything witch pretty much makes my pc useless and it was driving me crazy...
  3. I cannot remember my administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remember my administrator password: What can I do if I can’t remember my administrator password, I’d there a way to recover that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-remember-my-administrator-password/9063fd2e-e0c2-4d77-9a62-9404661b8cba
  4. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password: I need help i keep restarting my pc to try to type in my password to my bios but i cant type anything and i have no clue as to why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-blue-screen-with-enter-password-frozen/dd7f342d-4405-4f78-b3e2-07408cad3395
  5. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password: I need help i keep restarting my pc to try to type in my password to my bios but i cant type anything and i have no clue as to why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-blue-screen-with-enter-password-frozen/dd7f342d-4405-4f78-b3e2-07408cad3395
  6. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. cannot change administrative password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot change administrative password.: In setting up a brand new computer, I did not set up an administrative password nor was prompted to add security questions. Now I want to change the admin pw, but don't know what it is. It is not my Microsoft account password. The "reset password" instructions don't work...
  8. I cannot open a program without entering administrator password each time I open in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open a program without entering administrator password each time I open in...: Dear Support, I cannot open a program without entering administrator password each time I open in standard user account. I want this program open without asking administrator password in standard users account. How to achieve that? I have windows 10 pro Thanks...
  9. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  10. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...