Windows 10: Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose...

Discus and support Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; - It happened after a bios update on an old system and when I went to reinstall windows 11 the issue wasn't fixed.- Another issue is how I don't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lineKT, Jul 25, 2024.

1. lineKT Win User

Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose...

- It happened after a bios update on an old system and when I went to reinstall windows 11 the issue wasn't fixed.- Another issue is how I don't have a sign in prompt every time I open my laptop lid.

:)

lineKT, Jul 25, 2024

2. Can't choosing sleeping mode in power menu on window 10

Hi NaughtyCrank,

The Power menu may not show the sleep option if it isn't enabled on your device. We can check the Power Options settings if the option has been turned off. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Click Start, type power and then select Choose a power plan.
    2. On the left pane, select Choose what the power buttons do.
    3. Under the Shutdown settings, check if the Sleep option is enabled.

Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose... 7d11ea6f-a0f9-4ebd-a39d-6892a26b622a?upload=true.png
    4. If disabled, click the Sleep option and select Save changes.
    5. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jul 25, 2024
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose...

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose... - Similar Threads - Why don't sleep

2. Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I see the "sleep" option under "choose what the power buttons do" and "choose...: - It happened after a bios update on an old system and when I went to reinstall windows 11 the issue wasn't fixed.- Another issue is how I don't have a sign in prompt every time I open my laptop lid....
  3. Stuck on Choose an Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  4. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  5. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  6. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't seem to choose Power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't seem to choose Power options: For some reason, I can't seem to choose to different power option. It only allows me to choose the balanced one even though there are others. submitted by /u/AdmiralCarrot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs3lhq/cant_seem_to_choose_power_options/
  8. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  9. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  10. Power options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change in REGISTRY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change in REGISTRY: Hi, I manage a fleet of 200 linx 8 tablets all running win 10 home. I need to issue a 'fix' that HIBERNATES the tablet rather than entering sleep when pressing the power button I will need to do this programatically - bundled within an .exe that I'm building - so the...