Windows 10: Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?

Discus and support Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I tried to full scan my new pc and when it reached the "800k files scanned" the estimated time remained on 1:34 mins and didn't move for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Primavera_617, Oct 24, 2024 at 5:42 PM.

1. Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?

Recently I tried to full scan my new pc and when it reached the "800k files scanned" the estimated time remained on 1:34 mins and didn't move for a solid while. I had to cancel the scan because it was taking so long. After that, I scanned the PC again with all my apps closed for example Opera GX and this time it slowed down a lot at the "600K files scanned" mark like, 10 files every 2 seconds and then the scan finished and told me my computer had no threats. I have no idea how it managed to count 200k less files than it did in the first scan. And no, it wasn't my first full scan. And I don

:)

Primavera_617, Oct 24, 2024 at 5:42 PM

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

3. AArbuckle Win User
    Cannot open a scanned file for viewing in Windows Fax and Scan application

Windows build # is 15063.483

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue with Win10.

I'm not really interested in opening jpgs with MS Paint. I was citing it as an easy way to reproduce the issue with Fax and Scan.

To see it for yourself, follow these steps. Please, please, please, please try these simple steps on your system and let me know your experience.

• Set the default application for .jpg files to MS Paint
    • From a File Explorer window, double click on any jpg file. Paint opens properly.
    • Copy the .jpg file to your "%userprofile%\Documents\Scanned Documents" folder
    • Run the Windows Fax and Scan desktop app
    • Your jpg file should appear in the list of scanned documents, along with the preview at the bottom of the window
    • Double click on the jpg document to "view"

Do you get an message saying "Could not open document for viewing"?

If you get this error, why?

If Windows lets me choose a default app for a particular file type, why does a sanctioned Microsoft application not function correctly?

Why would Fax and Scan be the only desktop app in Windows that doesn't understand how to call ShellExecute()?

Again, I am NOT worried about MS Paint. I mentioned it because it is a simple way to reproduce the bug. I want to be able to open jpgs with Paint.Net (or another app) as the default application. This works fine in File Explorer. Heck, I can even type
    the name of a jpg file in a cmd window and Paint.Net opens.

But if I set the default app for jpgs to something other than Photos or Paint3D, Fax and Scan can't open it for viewing.

If your follow the steps I described above and are able to reproduce it on your system then please diagnose the problem there.

4. Phusius Win User

Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?

Windows defender crash during scan

my full scan just finished, no threats. but my pc is running super slow now, uninstalling kaspersky asap. fml.

Thema:

Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?

1. Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc? - Similar Threads - Why does Full

2. Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Full Scan sometimes get stuck or scan way more files than there are on my pc?: Recently I tried to full scan my new pc and when it reached the "800k files scanned" the estimated time remained on 1:34 mins and didn't move for a solid while. I had to cancel the scan because it was taking so long. After that, I scanned the PC again with all my apps closed...
  3. Windows Defender scans way more files than there are on my drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender scans way more files than there are on my drive: Hello, on my drive i have around 350K files according to file explorer but Windows Defender scans around 950K. Also, the amount of files scanned during a full scan seem to fluctuate alot it seems. What could this be?...
  4. Windows Defender scans way more files than there are on my drive

Windows Defender scans way more files than there are on my drive: Hello, on my drive i have around 350K files according to file explorer but Windows Defender scans around 950K. Also, the amount of files scanned during a full scan seem to fluctuate alot it seems. What could this be?...
  5. Windows Defender gets stuck / freezes on full scan

Windows Defender gets stuck / freezes on full scan: I have an HP All-In-One desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro installed. I generally have the "Screen and Sleep" settings to turn off the screen after 5 minutes, and put the device to sleep after two hours. I use Windows Defender, and like to manually run a full scan every...
  6. Windows Defender gets stuck / freezes on full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender gets stuck / freezes on full scan: I have an HP All-In-One desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro installed. I generally have the "Screen and Sleep" settings to turn off the screen after 5 minutes, and put the device to sleep after two hours. I use Windows Defender, and like to manually run a full scan every...
  7. my quick scan or full scan will stop after checking like 3000 files then it gets stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my quick scan or full scan will stop after checking like 3000 files then it gets stuck: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when it used to complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from microsoft saying someone in...
  8. Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?

Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?: I have a quick scan going on right now. It's been about twenty minutes and it's still scanning and it's almost at five million files right now. What's happening? Is this a normal quick scan? Or is it actually doing a full scan instead? 2004. - - - Updated - - - I just feel...
  9. Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder

Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder: I am having a problem scanning files. When I scan the download folder there are 346 files scanned. There are really only four files in the folder, when I scan them individually the first .pdf file scans as two files and the other three files scan as one file each. Is there...
  10. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687