Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BSM#48, Dec 18, 2023.

1. BSM#48 Win User

Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security including firewall.Windows is constantly notifying me that anti-virus and firewall are turned off.When I look at Windows security settings I am told that no action is needed in any area and I am fully protected. It recognises ZoneAlarm and Malwarebytes are providing complete protection.How can I stop Windows bugging me with false nanny messages??

:)

BSM#48, Dec 18, 2023

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 18, 2023
  3. incorrect mail notification on the lock screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving incorrect mail notification on the lock screen. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to incorrect sync issue or due to the corruptions in notification settings.

I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through

Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to turn off the notification and restart the computer and turn it on again and check if the issue persists.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open
      Settings and choose System.

• Select Notifications and action.

• At the right side, I suggest you to turn off the notifications from the app and lock screen.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 18, 2023
  4. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

Security notifications with Windows 10.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to list exclusions. I could stop the notification by going one step further down in my security, which I don't want to do. The notifications in this case are from Dropbox, and are frequent and annoying, but the app is
    completely trustworthy, and I always click yes without a thought.

Isn't there something deep in th system which I could access?

EvaLawrence-987, Dec 18, 2023
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

1. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications? - Similar Threads - Why does Security

2. windows security keeps sending me a notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security keeps sending me a notification: the notifcation is about about firewall being turned off even when it's actually on and this everytime i start windowsfor some reason it comes back when i restart explorer on task manager thoughcan't upload a screenshot for some reason so i'll quote it instead:Windows...
  3. windows security keeps sending me a notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security keeps sending me a notification: the notifcation is about about firewall being turned off even when it's actually on and this everytime i start windowsfor some reason it comes back when i restart explorer on task manager thoughcan't upload a screenshot for some reason so i'll quote it instead:Windows...
  4. windows security keeps sending me a notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?: I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security including firewall.Windows is constantly notifying me that anti-virus and firewall are turned off.When I look at Windows...
  6. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?: I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security including firewall.Windows is constantly notifying me that anti-virus and firewall are turned off.When I look at Windows...
  7. Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification: Action recomended but there is no protection history.what can i do now?[Original Title: windows security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-icon-in-notification-area-is/5f268b61-f18b-4918-bd15-e7c8fb38485d
  8. Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?: I have my Gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, yet it won't send me a notification of a new email until I open then app. Even when the app is just minimized it won't send me notifications, only when I unminimize it will it send me the notification of a new email....
  9. why is windows security giving me notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is windows security giving me notifications: i keep getting these notifications [ATTACH] How do I stop them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-security-giving-me-notifications/433bab33-4e89-48a0-8804-5e2950081a61
  10. Windows Security keeps prompting me to send steamnetworkingsockets.dll for sampling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security keeps prompting me to send steamnetworkingsockets.dll for sampling.: I'm assuming this is a false positive from Steam. Can I just ignore this? submitted by /u/Ryanjtombs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcon95/windows_security_keeps_prompting_me_to_send/