Windows 10: why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

Discus and support why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft no longer saves the "save as" location of folders I am downloading or saving from various locations. I agree with others that this is a most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAR6, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:32 PM.

1. LAR6 Win User

why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

Microsoft no longer saves the "save as" location of folders I am downloading or saving from various locations. I agree with others that this is a most inappropriate and time-consuming change made by MS to what used to be an efficient way to manage my folders and saves. What I do not see in the community answers relating to this post is any helpful resolve. I see recommendations to watch tutorials that do not solve the problem and waste my time. My workday is already long enough. Why can't MS ensure that important features are retained with updates??? This "save as" memory used to be th

:)

2. sampofin Win User

blacksite:area51 save folder?

hi!

my game stop working and i need to reinstall it and i want to save my progres but i dont find anywhere blacksite save folder. can you help?*Bang Head :banghead:

3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:34 PM
  4. why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:34 PM
Thema:

why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

1. why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this? - Similar Threads - why does save

2. why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?: Microsoft no longer saves the "save as" location of folders I am downloading or saving from various locations. I agree with others that this is a most inappropriate and time-consuming change made by MS to what used to be an efficient way to manage my folders and saves. What I...
  3. why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does "save as" no longer save my last saved folder? How to change this?: Microsoft no longer saves the "save as" location of folders I am downloading or saving from various locations. I agree with others that this is a most inappropriate and time-consuming change made by MS to what used to be an efficient way to manage my folders and saves. What I...
  4. No Longer Saving to Last Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Longer Saving to Last Location: However, lately an odd behavior is happening. The correct last download location displays and is very quickly replaced by the "Desktop" location. If I try to open the location from within a Word document File>Info>Open file location I also get sent to the Desktop. Maybe...
  5. No Longer Saving to Last Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Longer Saving to Last Location: However, lately an odd behavior is happening. The correct last download location displays and is very quickly replaced by the "Desktop" location. If I try to open the location from within a Word document File>Info>Open file location I also get sent to the Desktop. Maybe...
  6. How to change data last saved of a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change data last saved of a file: I want to know how to change the data last saved of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-data-last-saved-of-a-file/7e0b8bca-c3eb-485c-8586-71899e010f06
  7. How to change data last saved of a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change data last saved of a file: I want to know how to change the data last saved of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-data-last-saved-of-a-file/7e0b8bca-c3eb-485c-8586-71899e010f06
  8. Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder

Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder: Since the most recent January and March 2021 Windows 10 Home updates, anytime I click Save As in any software program--including Microsoft Office Word/Excel/etc, Microsoft Word, Adobe--the last File Folder in which I saved a document is forgotten. This requires me to click...
  9. Paint "save as" saves to the LAST folder I saved to, not the folder I just opened the image...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paint "save as" saves to the LAST folder I saved to, not the folder I just opened the image...: I see numerous references to this problem but have not found a fix. If I use mspaint.exe to edit an image and then "save as", the file will save to a different folder. Specifically, it will save to the last folder location I saved to in Paint, not the CURRENT folder where the...
  10. optimize this folder does not save changes

optimize this folder does not save changes: I have a problem with: What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for: I change the drop down from 'General items' to 'Video', click Apply, then ok. when i open the folder, it still show my General settings. I double check properties and it reverted back to...