Windows 10: Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

Discus and support Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC boots up fine, the Welcome screen shows up and all that, but the moment it loads I’m met with a black screen with just a cursor. It goes on like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rafar08, Feb 9, 2023.

1. rafar08 Win User

Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

My PC boots up fine, the Welcome screen shows up and all that, but the moment it loads I’m met with a black screen with just a cursor. It goes on like this for 30 minutes or so and it’s really annoying. I could use shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager, but other than that I can’t do anything. Is there anything I could do about this?

:)

rafar08, Feb 9, 2023

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 9, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

1. Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen? - Similar Threads - Why does sometimes

2. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?: LAPTOP SPECIES:dell E5440 i5-4400 with NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M WINDOW 10 21H2.Everything was working fine till some month when I start my computer the monitor won't on but led and everything are fine.I would have to switch the laptop on several times or even drop it for some days...
  3. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?: LAPTOP SPECIES:dell E5440 i5-4400 with NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M WINDOW 10 21H2.Everything was working fine till some month when I start my computer the monitor won't on but led and everything are fine.I would have to switch the laptop on several times or even drop it for some days...
  4. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?: My PC boots up fine, the Welcome screen shows up and all that, but the moment it loads I’m met with a black screen with just a cursor. It goes on like this for 30 minutes or so and it’s really annoying. I could use shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open...
  6. Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC sometimes start up with a blank screen?: My PC boots up fine, the Welcome screen shows up and all that, but the moment it loads I’m met with a black screen with just a cursor. It goes on like this for 30 minutes or so and it’s really annoying. I could use shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open...
  7. Crashes to blank screen. Restart sometimes starts a blank screen with turquoise dots along...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes to blank screen. Restart sometimes starts a blank screen with turquoise dots along...: Started recently, end of November until today. Today is the worse of it, as I've been trying to troubleshoot what the issue is.All parts of the PC are brand new and haven't given me any issues until recently. My specs are;MOBO: Z690 Aorus Pro just updated the Bios to F21CPU:...
  8. Crashes to blank screen. Restart sometimes starts a blank screen with turquoise dots along...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes to blank screen. Restart sometimes starts a blank screen with turquoise dots along...: Started recently, end of November until today. Today is the worse of it, as I've been trying to troubleshoot what the issue is.All parts of the PC are brand new and haven't given me any issues until recently. My specs are;MOBO: Z690 Aorus Pro just updated the Bios to F21CPU:...
  9. Crashes to blank screen. Restart sometimes starts a blank screen with turquoise dots along...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754