Windows 10: Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

Discus and support Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adriano Viggo Scalera, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics drivers. thanks

:)

Adriano Viggo Scalera, Mar 23, 2023

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 23, 2023
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

1. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one? - Similar Threads - Why does indicate

2. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does it show that i have 2 monitors: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-that-i-have-2-monitors/cf7a09d6-d316-4af1-bc49-5b7b29ea96b9
  3. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does it show that i have 2 monitors: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-that-i-have-2-monitors/cf7a09d6-d316-4af1-bc49-5b7b29ea96b9
  4. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?: After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics...
  6. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?: After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics...
  7. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  8. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  9. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Why does MBR2GPT say I have 4 partitions when I only have 2?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does MBR2GPT say I have 4 partitions when I only have 2?: I'm trying to convert my MBR drive to GPT, but every time I try it doesn't work, and when I look at the report in the windows folder it says I have 4 partitions, when I only have 2 in the drive I am trying to convert. Is there any way to fix this?...