Windows 10: Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

Discus and support Why does my mouse keep disconnecting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ttayylorrr, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my bluetooth device settings. Additionally, in the Device Manager, under "Mice and other Pointing Devices," the listing of "HID-Compliant mouse" keeps deleting, but it's model name under the "Bluetooth" section stays there. Any tips?

:)

ttayylorrr, Nov 14, 2023

2. Mouse Disconnects, Cursor Dissapears

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model number of the system?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with mouse. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Hardware troubleshooter
    Method 2:

I suggest you to update all the drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manger
    • Select Mouse and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply us back if you need any assistance further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 14, 2023
  3. Pierre18 Win User
    mouse keeps disconnecting randomly

Thank you so much for the response.
    I have tried my best to follow all the steps you listed but none seem to work.
    I've ended up with one of my mouse's not being able to connect at all after completing **"Press Start then search Device Manager" which worries me.

I have also tried three different mouse's which all have the same disconnecting problem.

If there’s any other way you can help I would appreciate it a lot.

PS sorry if I’m not making sense I’m beyond confused

-

Pierre18, Nov 14, 2023
  4. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

Issues with accessing mouse after disconnecting XBox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi Harley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse after disconnecting the Xbox Controller on your device. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined only with disconnecting the Xbox?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Hard restart the computer as mouse doesn't work.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2023
Thema:

Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

1. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting? - Similar Threads - Why does mouse

2. Why does my internet keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my internet keep disconnecting?: Internet keeps disconnecting: certain things makes, only my computer, completely disconnect from the internet as soon as I launch something. When I lose connection, I lose connection briefly and reconnect quickly right after 20 seconds max. I know I lose all connection as in...
  3. Why does my internet keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my internet keep disconnecting?: Internet keeps disconnecting: certain things makes, only my computer, completely disconnect from the internet as soon as I launch something. When I lose connection, I lose connection briefly and reconnect quickly right after 20 seconds max. I know I lose all connection as in...
  4. Why does my internet keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  6. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  7. My Mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting whether i play a game or not.I have a windows 10 and my mouse disconnects.It doesent happen when i move my mouse around without stopping but happens when i move it fast around and then stop moving.I have a CSL gaming mouse.To fix my Problem i have...
  8. My Mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting whether i play a game or not.I have a windows 10 and my mouse disconnects.It doesent happen when i move my mouse around without stopping but happens when i move it fast around and then stop moving.I have a CSL gaming mouse.To fix my Problem i have...
  9. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?: Hey I got a new pc about a year ago now and I've had the same problem every time every few weeks or months my wifi will stop working keeps disconnecting and just doesn't work this could go on for weeks, maybe a month and then it will randomly fix. I've tried getting better...
  10. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?: Hey I got a new pc about a year ago now and I've had the same problem every time every few weeks or months my wifi will stop working keeps disconnecting and just doesn't work this could go on for weeks, maybe a month and then it will randomly fix. I've tried getting better...