Windows 10: Why does my monitor go black at start up?

Discus and support Why does my monitor go black at start up? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Opal Slone, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode.

:)

Opal Slone, Aug 30, 2022

2. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Redirecting

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 30, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why does my monitor go black at start up?

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Why does my monitor go black at start up?

1. Why does my monitor go black at start up? - Similar Threads - Why does monitor

2. Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.: So, this is the 3rd time I'm asking a question here because i still haven't found a solution. For context: For the past couple of months, my computer screen has kept going black for a couple of seconds, then turning back on. When i first start my computer, this doesn't ALWAYS...
  3. Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.: So, this is the 3rd time I'm asking a question here because i still haven't found a solution. For context: For the past couple of months, my computer screen has kept going black for a couple of seconds, then turning back on. When i first start my computer, this doesn't ALWAYS...
  4. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  5. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  6. Why does my screens go black?

7. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  8. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my monitor go black at start up?: When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-monitor-go-black-at-start-up/ea503680-79b1-4501-96cc-9c8dde8587ce
  9. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

Why does my monitor go black at start up?: When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-monitor-go-black-at-start-up/ea503680-79b1-4501-96cc-9c8dde8587ce
  10. Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine: Every time i get on netflix, my monitor will randomly go black, but the video is still playing because i can hear the audio. I have no control of my keyboard or mouse and i cant see anything. the only way ive been fixing this is by manually shutting down the computer and...