Windows 10: why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?

Discus and support why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP pavilion, latest version of windows laptop which I connect to a monitor. The monitor is nothing fancy but when I first got it I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eleanor Taylor1, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:47 AM.

1. why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?

Hi, I have an HP pavilion, latest version of windows laptop which I connect to a monitor. The monitor is nothing fancy but when I first got it I don't remember having this issue. I tried changing the refresh rate to a lower level and I saw something online about GPU but I'm not sure about what that involves.I'm trying to work out if there is a fix I can do. Thanks!

:)

Eleanor Taylor1, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:47 AM
  2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

3. Laptop secondary monitor flashes black for a few seconds

UPDATE:

The mini DisplayPort (to HDMI on the monitor) connection works fine. No black screen / flashes.

meteorstorm42, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:49 AM
  4. why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?

Second monitor produces black screen on computer

I upgraded to Windows 10. Like it. But now I cannot plug in my second monitor without everything going black. I checked my graphics driver. It was upgraded. Any suggestions?

DavidMillerICTN, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:49 AM
Thema:

why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?

1. why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back? - Similar Threads - why does monitor

2. why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my monitor flash black for a second or so then come back?: Hi, I have an HP pavilion, latest version of windows laptop which I connect to a monitor. The monitor is nothing fancy but when I first got it I don't remember having this issue. I tried changing the refresh rate to a lower level and I saw something online about GPU but I'm...
  3. Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.: So, this is the 3rd time I'm asking a question here because i still haven't found a solution. For context: For the past couple of months, my computer screen has kept going black for a couple of seconds, then turning back on. When i first start my computer, this doesn't ALWAYS...
  4. Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my monitor go black every couple of seconds but stays on.: So, this is the 3rd time I'm asking a question here because i still haven't found a solution. For context: For the past couple of months, my computer screen has kept going black for a couple of seconds, then turning back on. When i first start my computer, this doesn't ALWAYS...
  5. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  6. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  7. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  9. Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.: Out of nowhere, my second monitor acts like this. I'm not sure what causes this. Online I read it has to do with windows 10 sometimes, hence my post on this sub. I have already done the following: bought a new DisplayPort cable, changed cables (1st to 2nd monitor), updated...
  10. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...