Windows 10: Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

Discus and support Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It’s kinda hard to describe but ever since my ps5 controller accidentally fell on he keyboard of my laptop whenever I try to turn on my laptop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Khloestarrr, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

It’s kinda hard to describe but ever since my ps5 controller accidentally fell on he keyboard of my laptop whenever I try to turn on my laptop the screen will sometimes flicker from black to white and back to black and then the entire laptop shuts off, I’ve already tried to hard restart it? I’ve also tried to let it charge overnight so that by then it’s fully charged and it continues to do the same thing.

:)

Khloestarrr, Nov 20, 2023

2. Screen is flickering and then turning off.

Hello!

When I turn on my Windows 8 laptop it starts up, but it usually turns off right after entering the password. Sometimes the screen starts flickering too. I tried to restore from a restore point, but it turned off before it was done.

When I tried to open it once and the screen started flickering, I tried to rotate an element of laptop charger. Then it stopped flickering and when I turned it around again, the flickering begun again.

Is it possible that all of these problems are caused by that charger? It looked quite unstable.

HenrijsKoleda, Nov 20, 2023
  3. Screen is flickering and then turning off.

See a computer tech about getting the hardware tested.

Bill Smithers, Nov 20, 2023
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

1. Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?: Hello My name is ParhamI have a problem that when i try to turn on my laptop it instantly turns offMy laptop : Dell Latitude E5550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-instantly-turns-off-after/2b88d3aa-95cd-48a8-a975-6aec2ec27bf5
  3. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?: Hello My name is ParhamI have a problem that when i try to turn on my laptop it instantly turns offMy laptop : Dell Latitude E5550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-instantly-turns-off-after/2b88d3aa-95cd-48a8-a975-6aec2ec27bf5
  4. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?: It’s kinda hard to describe but ever since my ps5 controller accidentally fell on he keyboard of my laptop whenever I try to turn on my laptop the screen will sometimes flicker from black to white and back to black and then the entire laptop shuts off, I’ve already tried to...
  6. Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop screen flicker and the turn completely off when I try to turn it on?: It’s kinda hard to describe but ever since my ps5 controller accidentally fell on he keyboard of my laptop whenever I try to turn on my laptop the screen will sometimes flicker from black to white and back to black and then the entire laptop shuts off, I’ve already tried to...
  7. Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?: Whenever I turn on the laptop instead of the normal boot screen to DELL it just goes to changing colors, it goes white then red then green then blue then black and repeats that some more times until it gets to red, if the charger is plugged in it will turn off after the...
  8. Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?

Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?: Whenever I turn on the laptop instead of the normal boot screen to DELL it just goes to changing colors, it goes white then red then green then blue then black and repeats that some more times until it gets to red, if the charger is plugged in it will turn off after the...
  9. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...
  10. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...