Windows 10: Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

Discus and support Why does my computer keep randomly restarting? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M_472, Apr 3, 2022.

1. M_472 Win User

Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting potentially problematic programs, updating my drivers, updating Windows, running the SFC /scannow command in command prompt, and I even restored my system to a restore point created on Sunday. Despite the suggestions from Microsoft Support to update my Windows version to 21H2 and run SFC /scannow, the problem has persisted, wi

:)

M_472, Apr 3, 2022
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Why does my computer keep randomly restarting? :confused:*Mad Why does my computer keep randomly restarting? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 3, 2022
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

Computer restarting randomly

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with your PC starting randomly. Please answer the questions below:

• When your PC restarts, are you having any error messages?
    • You said you got the computer fixed, do you remember what changes were made to the PC? Is this before changing the power supply or after?

Your response to our queries will be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

1. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: Please help my PC keeps randomly restarting. Event viewer says "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor core. Error source: Machine check exception. Error type: Cache hierarchy error. Processor APIC Id: 5 and it will also say 4" My specs are AMD...
  3. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: Please help my PC keeps randomly restarting. Event viewer says "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor core. Error source: Machine check exception. Error type: Cache hierarchy error. Processor APIC Id: 5 and it will also say 4" My specs are AMD...
  4. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  5. Why does my computer keep restarting?

Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  6. Why does my computer keep freezing randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep freezing randomly?: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed recently over the past few months that mu computer will just randomly freeze up. It does not happen often, it's so sporadic I can't really give an estimate. Maybe 5 or so times per week. It'll just freeze for 10-30 seconds at a time and...
  7. Why does my computer keep freezing randomly?

Why does my computer keep freezing randomly?: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed recently over the past few months that mu computer will just randomly freeze up. It does not happen often, it's so sporadic I can't really give an estimate. Maybe 5 or so times per week. It'll just freeze for 10-30 seconds at a time and...
  8. Why does my computer keep freezing randomly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  10. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...