Windows 10: Why does my audio become low quality?

Discus and support Why does my audio become low quality? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jacob Moll, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Why does my audio become low quality?

When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?

:)

Jacob Moll, Sep 17, 2023

2. Low quality audio in headset when microphone is activated

Anytime anything activates the mic (Discord, Skype, Webex, the recording tab in the sound part of the control panel) the audio quality in my headset is very low quality.

To Reproduce:

1. Play music of choice
    2. Press the windows key and type sound
    3. Click the Recording tab. Music will change to low quality
    4. Click the Playback tab your music should sound normal
    5. Rip hair out in frustration

Bill Young, Sep 17, 2023
  3. LuizScruz Win User
    how to fix low quality audio?

Hello Rahul, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that your BoAt Rockerz headset has poor audio quality;

What is the exact model of your BoAt Rockerz headphones?

What exactly is your PC model and manufacturer?

Before answering the question, I suggest you try the solutions provided in the link below in the section "What to do if the sound is distorted/low volume/low bass/poor quality?":

https://support.boat-lifestyle.com/articles/roc...

Check if the instructions help you to correct the problem;

See you soon!

LuizScruz, Sep 17, 2023
  4. Why does my audio become low quality?

Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements

Hello,

There are a few things you can try to improve the microphone quality while keeping Audio Enhancements on. Here are some suggestions:

1. Configure your input device settings: You can adjust the input volume and change the format quality to see if it improves the microphone quality. To do this, go to Settings > Sound and scroll down to the Input section. Adjust the input volume, change the format quality, and test your microphone.
    2. Update your audio drivers: Outdated drivers can sometimes cause problems, so make sure your audio drivers are up-to-date .
    3. Use a noise reduction feature: If you’re dealing with background noise, try using a noise reduction feature to eliminate microphone background noise .
    4. Use a dedicated microphone or headset: Many laptops have low-quality built-in microphones. Try plugging in a dedicated microphone or headset into your PC.
    I hope these suggestions help you improve the microphone quality while keeping Audio Enhancements on! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cristiana

Cristiana_C, Sep 17, 2023
Thema:

Why does my audio become low quality?

1. Why does my audio become low quality? - Similar Threads - Why does audio

2. Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10: I have an hp omen I bought a few years ago that until this week, I had no issues with the audio, and the computer hadn't been updated recently either or any new programs installed, it seemingly just occurred randomly. The audio input sounds low quality and muffled, regardless...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  5. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  6. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  7. how to fix low quality audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix low quality audio?: Delivering low quality audio to my headphone.... Quality gets very bad after reinstalling the Windows. I have tried everything like driver reinstallation and reinstall windows even updated the windows through installer....
  8. how to fix low quality audio?

how to fix low quality audio?: Delivering low quality audio to my headphone.... Quality gets very bad after reinstalling the Windows. I have tried everything like driver reinstallation and reinstall windows even updated the windows through installer....
  9. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  10. Why does MPC-HC have such a low quality video?

Why does MPC-HC have such a low quality video?: [img] [img] It looks, like MPC is missing antialiasing. I switched to VLC because of this, but I like MPC's GUI more. Is there a way to fix this or it is just a design flaw? I remember MPC to play videos normally years ago. EDIT: Using MPC-BE now, it has got...