Windows 10: Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by danpvone, Jun 29, 2023.

1. danpvone Win User

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go through multiple search pages to find where it is available. Doing a search in the Microsoft Store yields no relevant results.

:)

danpvone, Jun 29, 2023
  2. fluxo Win User

Buying a Windows Server License

I'm possibly interested in buying a license for Windows Server 2012/16 Standard Edition. How can I do that?

I've searched around on the net. The Microsoft Store is out of stock of the only version they offer. After an hour and half on the phone with Microsoft they weren't able to get close to offering a license for sale. Apparently, you can't simply purchase a license online and download an installation image. I've noticed a few OEM licenses for sale from 3rd party resellers I am not comfortable with and I prefer a full retail version anyway.

So how do you buy a license from a reputable organization?

Thanks.

fluxo, Jun 29, 2023
  3. Where to buy the microsoft license 10 IOT ?

Hi Widya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can purchase the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC license though Volume Licensing. I suggest you to click on
    Contact Us option and sign in with the necessary credentials from the link
    Volume Licensing Service Center
    and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the purchase.

You may also refer the section How to get Volume Licensing Keys
    from the article
    Product activation and key information
    as an additional information.

For any further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet forums
    who are equipped with the resources to suggest you with the further steps in purchasing the license keys for your preferred version of Windows operating system.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 29, 2023
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

windows license about to expire

Thanks

I do not think my parent organization from whom I purchased this "retiree PC" will be able or willing to continue as the activation host.

I want to continue receiving Windows Updates, and simply ignoring the warnings past expiry, and then not getting updates is not OK - so I am willing to buy a fresh license and activate my machine under my own license - but I want to purchase the correct thing - please advise me what to do -

1. Microsoft store? Third party?
    2. Digital License? or Complete, boxed copy of windows?
    3. I do not need Windows Professional - can I buy a less expensive Windows Home license and enter that Activation Key?
    4. I do not want to re-load Windows, all my applications and files - if I simply purchase and enter a valid key - will my PC continue to work as it does now?
    If money is not the problem - tell me what steps to do in sequence!

Thank you!

Bill Horvath

WilliamHorvath, Jun 29, 2023
Thema:

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

1. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  7. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  8. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  9. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?: I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered: 1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd...
  10. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...