Windows 10: why does it show that i have 2 monitors

Discus and support why does it show that i have 2 monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-that-i-have-2-monitors/cf7a09d6-d316-4af1-bc49-5b7b29ea96b9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ‏‏‎ ‎2, Dec 25, 2023.

1. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

please help me fix this

:)

‏‏‎ ‎2, Dec 25, 2023

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 25, 2023
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 25, 2023
  4. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

Windows 10 External Monitor only :: How to set Portrait orientation?

Thanks Elise,

I found more links which suggest

1. turn one of the monitor
    2. feedback to Microsoft
    Using Steps Recorder on Two monitors. (microsoft.com)

How to limit Problem Steps Recorder to single - Microsoft Community

I need assistance on both suggestions; how to

1. turn off laptop monitor?
    2. locate feedback hub on Cortana?
    My workaround is to use PowerPoint Screen Recorder but this need additional screen capture.

The reason for Screen Recorder is Windows 10 Mouse Cursor for Office Menu item disappear when select Screen Capture App. It is cumbersome to show Tech Support what is selected on Office App on captured screen...

Thanks Ahead!

panes-rubrics.0l_icloud.com, Dec 25, 2023
Thema:

why does it show that i have 2 monitors

1. why does it show that i have 2 monitors - Similar Threads - why does show

2. I have a 2 monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 2 monitor setup: So i have two of the same monitors. I have one plugged into the display port, and my 2nd monitor plugged into my hdmi. I am looking to have sound come out of both monitors at the same time. How do i do this? Thank you in advanced...
  3. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does it show that i have 2 monitors: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-that-i-have-2-monitors/cf7a09d6-d316-4af1-bc49-5b7b29ea96b9
  4. why does it show that i have 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does it show that i have 2 monitors: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-that-i-have-2-monitors/cf7a09d6-d316-4af1-bc49-5b7b29ea96b9
  5. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?: After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics...
  6. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?: After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics...
  7. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.: i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice....
  9. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.: i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice....
  10. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3: Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is the one I cant see. (I had to disconnect the 2nd Monitor to get to chrome to write this and display tells me I have 2...