Windows 10: Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

Discus and support Why did my windows key "Deactivate"? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; About 5 years ago i bought a new computer, which had linux on it. I was a kid back then, so I paid someone to change it to an original Windows license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bermas, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Bermas Win User

Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

About 5 years ago i bought a new computer, which had linux on it. I was a kid back then, so I paid someone to change it to an original Windows license. For all these 5 years it has worked normally as far as I knew, but suddenly, a few months ago, I got a notification telling me that the license had "expired" or something. Now the "Activate Windows" watermark is on my screen permanently. I tried looking for an explanation for it, or a way to reactivate my Windows copy, but I can't seem to find an answer. From my research, I've found out that my computer has a VOLUME type license, don't really

:)

Bermas, Dec 26, 2023

2. deactivate windows product key

I finally got the issue resolved by a Microsoft tech support agent remote connect to me to give me the iso file after verifying the product key. Between that and the steps I took before being tossed around between Microsoft and HP it took around 2 hours
    or so to resolve the issue. It's a shame there's no simple way to get the license deactivated from the Microsoft site as well as be able to download the iso file for all support Windows versions. At one point I found a webpage on the Microsoft site that allowed
    me to type in the product key but since the site saw that the product key was associated with the HP laptop (which it originally was years ago) it wouldn't let me deactivate the license.

thinker101, Dec 26, 2023
  3. MIKET.YW. Win User
    Deactivating Windows 10

Hello.

If I deactivated my version of Windows 10 pro, and reinstalled it on the same PC, will I be able to use the same product key again on the same machine? And are there any steps I should take prior to deactivation, in order to ensure that the product key
    can be used again?

MIKET.YW., Dec 26, 2023
  4. Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2023
Thema:

Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

1. Why did my windows key "Deactivate"? - Similar Threads - Why did key

2. Why did my windows just deactivate itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows just deactivate itself?: A message popped up that i need to activate windows. I have bought a product key late last year and used it when i upgraded my hardware in my computer and has worked ever sense. There has been no changes since then and when i had my PC on last night it was fine but now it is...
  3. Why did my windows just deactivate itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my windows just deactivate itself?: A message popped up that i need to activate windows. I have bought a product key late last year and used it when i upgraded my hardware in my computer and has worked ever sense. There has been no changes since then and when i had my PC on last night it was fine but now it is...
  4. Why is my windows deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is my windows deactivated: Please my windows is not activated please activate and solve this problem please I request you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-deactivated/7ec54553-293a-4d8c-a4a9-fc74d12fe95a
  5. Why is my windows deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows deactivated: Please my windows is not activated please activate and solve this problem please I request you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-deactivated/7ec54553-293a-4d8c-a4a9-fc74d12fe95a
  6. Why is my windows deactivated

7. Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?: About 5 years ago i bought a new computer, which had linux on it. I was a kid back then, so I paid someone to change it to an original Windows license. For all these 5 years it has worked normally as far as I knew, but suddenly, a few months ago, I got a notification telling...
  8. Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?

Why did my windows key "Deactivate"?: About 5 years ago i bought a new computer, which had linux on it. I was a kid back then, so I paid someone to change it to an original Windows license. For all these 5 years it has worked normally as far as I knew, but suddenly, a few months ago, I got a notification telling...
  9. Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?: I originally had a windows 10 digital license. A month or so ago I transferred it to a new computer using the "I changed hardware recently" option. On the new computer I updated to windows 11.I then started getting bluescreens. Looking through BIOS updated I found one of them...
  10. Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?

Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?: I originally had a windows 10 digital license. A month or so ago I transferred it to a new computer using the "I changed hardware recently" option. On the new computer I updated to windows 11.I then started getting bluescreens. Looking through BIOS updated I found one of them...