Windows 10: WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY

Discus and support WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHYFunny, noone ever hears from microsoft on issues like this.....they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CommonSenseNeedsToKickIn, Sep 19, 2024 at 11:57 AM.

1. WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY

WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHYFunny, noone ever hears from microsoft on issues like this.....they just close due not enough information.

:)

CommonSenseNeedsToKickIn, Sep 19, 2024 at 11:57 AM
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

3. How to copy from e-mail to word

Original title: Copying

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To copy the body of the e-mail, follow the steps provided below:

• Select the content using mouse.
    • Right click on the selected content and select Copy (Ctrl+C).
    • Open a blank Word document.
    • Right click on the Word document and select Paste (Ctrl+V).

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2024 at 12:26 PM
  4. Arun B J Win User

WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Microsoft Support

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Thema:

WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY

1. WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY - Similar Threads - WHY did Microsoft

2. WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHY: WHY did Microsoft remove copy and paste from the right click? key word being WHYFunny, noone ever hears from microsoft on issues like this.....they just close due not enough information....
  3. Why did information disappear when I copied and pasted in an email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did information disappear when I copied and pasted in an email?: AOL Mail is not a Microsoft product but I'm hoping someone has an idea how I can solve this problem. Ideally, I could make the people in charge of AOL Mail aware of the problem and fix it. Otherwise, maybe someone knows of a site like this where I can ask the question.I was...
  4. Why did information disappear when I copied and pasted in an email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did information disappear when I copied and pasted in an email?: AOL Mail is not a Microsoft product but I'm hoping someone has an idea how I can solve this problem. Ideally, I could make the people in charge of AOL Mail aware of the problem and fix it. Otherwise, maybe someone knows of a site like this where I can ask the question.I was...
  5. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  6. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  7. why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?: why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?pastes wrong copied detailspastes text with formattingdoesn't copypastes previous or other detailspastes text plus other characters not copied: dots , spacespastes blank blockpastes details from previous or...
  8. why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?: why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?pastes wrong copied detailspastes text with formattingdoesn't copypastes previous or other detailspastes text plus other characters not copied: dots , spacespastes blank blockpastes details from previous or...
  9. why is behaviour of copy / paste changing? why is it not working?

10. Why is the COPY and then PASTE so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the COPY and then PASTE so slow?: Under Windows 10 (as well as Windows 7), I was copying the WINDOWS folder on my C: hard drive to a (brand-new - but old one acts the same) WD Backup drive. After doing the PASTE, it took hours to complete, with very little activity from me. I noticed that occasionally, it...