Windows 10: why cant i open mht links with Chrome?

Discus and support why cant i open mht links with Chrome? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hellosome emails contain the message ‘if there are problems with how this message is displayed click here to view it in a web browser’however when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Surfing6969, Sep 25, 2024 at 12:12 PM.

1. why cant i open mht links with Chrome?

Hellosome emails contain the message ‘if there are problems with how this message is displayed click here to view it in a web browser’however when i click on this, it always opens in IEedge and NOT my default browser Chrome. when I looked in default app settings, i found the .mht file type BUT Chrome was NOT available as an option to open with whereas mhtml files can be opened by either edge or chrome. How can i change browser type to open mht in Chrome? thanks

:)

2. What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

3. How to open mht and mhtml files with Chrome

I have many files saved from my old Internet Explorer Browser. I now have Windows 10 with Chrome browser and the mht and mhtml files do not open completely. The photos and much of the text are not visible. How can I correct this? Any assistance is appreciated.

COFRE DEL TESORO INTERNATIONAL, Sep 25, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  4. why cant i open mht links with Chrome?

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Thema:

why cant i open mht links with Chrome?

1. why cant i open mht links with Chrome? - Similar Threads - why cant open

2. why cant i open mht links with Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i open mht links with Chrome?: Hellosome emails contain the message ‘if there are problems with how this message is displayed click here to view it in a web browser’however when i click on this, it always opens in IEedge and NOT my default browser Chrome. when I looked in default app settings, i found the...
  3. why i cant open link one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cant open link one drive: why i cant open link one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-open-link-one-drive/3b165d58-1643-4208-9aaa-20b8070ec8c4
  4. why i cant open link one drive

why i cant open link one drive: why i cant open link one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-open-link-one-drive/3b165d58-1643-4208-9aaa-20b8070ec8c4
  5. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  6. Links in windows not opening in chrome

Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  7. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  9. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  10. Unable to open .mht files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .mht files: I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open .mht files, even when I am the one who saved them to this computer and on this software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-mht-files/84d6c0a5-57c4-4f60-aa68-3955f445ff4b"