Windows 10: Why can't I open any apps?

Discus and support Why can't I open any apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last night I scheduled my computer to restart today at 5:30 pm, but now, nothing works. I can't open any apps or task manager and I have to force shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashwin Kommamuri, Oct 4, 2024 at 8:57 PM.

1. Why can't I open any apps?

Last night I scheduled my computer to restart today at 5:30 pm, but now, nothing works. I can't open any apps or task manager and I have to force shut down it every time if I want to turn it off.

:)

Ashwin Kommamuri, Oct 4, 2024 at 8:57 PM
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why can't I open any apps? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

4. Why can't I open any apps?

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 4, 2024 at 9:36 PM
Thema:

Why can't I open any apps?

1. Why can't I open any apps? - Similar Threads - Why can't open

2. Why can't I open any apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open any apps?: Last night I scheduled my computer to restart today at 5:30 pm, but now, nothing works. I can't open any apps or task manager and I have to force shut down it every time if I want to turn it off....
  3. I can't open any Microsoft related app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open any Microsoft related app: I suddenly started getting this "The specified user does not have a valid profile" error on multiple Microsoft related apps such as: Xbox, Minecraft, Snipping Tool, Smartphone-Link and Photos... I can't even crop the screenshots i posted because of my denied access to Photos....
  4. I can't open any Microsoft related app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open any Microsoft related app: I suddenly started getting this "The specified user does not have a valid profile" error on multiple Microsoft related apps such as: Xbox, Minecraft, Snipping Tool, Smartphone-Link and Photos... I can't even crop the screenshots i posted because of my denied access to Photos....
  5. why I can't open any website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I can't open any website?: I can't open c.ai or other website in my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-open-any-website/e95e7ccf-fb06-4928-bb91-4a0ff8ac8a17
  6. why I can't open any website?

why I can't open any website?: I can't open c.ai or other website in my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-open-any-website/e95e7ccf-fb06-4928-bb91-4a0ff8ac8a17
  7. Why can't I open any of my files?

Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  8. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  9. WHY I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WHY I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY APP: WHY I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY APP OR GAME FROM MICROSOFT STORE BY SINGING IN ALSO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-any-app/5a098137-659b-4aff-ad21-786e607b6bec
  10. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...