Windows 10: Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

Discus and support Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to open Microsoft Store. The App opens then disappears.I am also unable to open Photos App. The App opens then disappears.Please Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BerniceBernard, Sep 19, 2024 at 6:27 PM.

1. Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

I am unable to open Microsoft Store. The App opens then disappears.I am also unable to open Photos App. The App opens then disappears.Please Help

:)

BerniceBernard, Sep 19, 2024 at 6:27 PM

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Get help with Microsoft Photos app - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 19, 2024 at 6:43 PM
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

4. Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 19, 2024 at 6:43 PM
Thema:

Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

1. Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why cant Microsoft

2. Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10: I am unable to open Microsoft Store. The App opens then disappears.I am also unable to open Photos App. The App opens then disappears.Please Help...
  3. Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why cant I get into Microsoft Store and my Photos App in Windows 10: I am unable to open Microsoft Store. The App opens then disappears.I am also unable to open Photos App. The App opens then disappears.Please Help...
  4. Why cant I get my photos ppen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I get my photos ppen: Why cant I get my photos open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-my-photos-ppen/cde19bd9-12ba-4ebf-a5bb-caa594a3ca91
  5. Why cant I get my photos ppen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant I get my photos ppen: Why cant I get my photos open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-my-photos-ppen/cde19bd9-12ba-4ebf-a5bb-caa594a3ca91
  6. why cant I download apps from microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant I download apps from microsoft store?: why cant I download apps from microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/67db90f6-e219-42ba-ae9a-efa2d6897624
  7. why cant I download apps from microsoft store?

why cant I download apps from microsoft store?: why cant I download apps from microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/67db90f6-e219-42ba-ae9a-efa2d6897624
  8. Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app: Microsoft, im so sick of yall ****. Like every update yall got a major glitch goin on in the system. And i just saw yall reply to hugo, yall basically said do the same thing that we was having problems with. Exactly why people hold grudges against yall...
  9. i cant open microsoft store or photos

i cant open microsoft store or photos: when i try to open photos it says "Theres a problem with Photos. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator." and i cant reinstall itfrom the microsoft storebecause when i click on microsoft store nothing happens it doesnt even...
  10. Cant get Microsoft Store MA15+ Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get Microsoft Store MA15+ Apps: I got a new laptop from my cousin, and changed the birthdate from 2005 to 1994 when setting up my account (I deleted hers from the device). However, when I go to store to get an MA15+ game, it says I'm not old enough. I checked my account info, and the birthdate is correct....