Windows 10: Why can't I change my brightness

Discus and support Why can't I change my brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Theo Salih, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Why can't I change my brightness

I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it?

:)

Theo Salih, Aug 9, 2023

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 9, 2023
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Aug 9, 2023
  4. Why can't I change my brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 9, 2023
Thema:

Why can't I change my brightness

1. Why can't I change my brightness - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Why can't I change my screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my screen brightness?: The brightness display bar shows up but nothing happens until i restart my computer. I have tried updating my display adapters which are already up to date and my windows os itself.This problem only started recently....
  3. Why can't I change my screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I change my screen brightness?: The brightness display bar shows up but nothing happens until i restart my computer. I have tried updating my display adapters which are already up to date and my windows os itself.This problem only started recently....
  4. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  5. I can't change my brightness level.

I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  6. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  7. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  8. Why can't I change my brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my brightness: I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-brightness/a0893128-e3d2-4240-b591-7f396603f4fb
  9. Why can't I change my brightness

Why can't I change my brightness: I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-brightness/a0893128-e3d2-4240-b591-7f396603f4fb
  10. I can't change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change my screen brightness.: There is a problem when I try to change the screen brightness, it doesn't change at all. I tried to update the windows and restart my laptop. Even uninstalled, and update the display adapter in the device manager. Please help me with this, thank you. [ATTACH]...