Windows 10: Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

Discus and support Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time i try to login to a public wifi with a login web page rather than password it says that i am connected with no internet. If i manually try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nele Pallemaerts1, Oct 10, 2024 at 3:07 AM.

1. Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

Every time i try to login to a public wifi with a login web page rather than password it says that i am connected with no internet. If i manually try to force the login page open with 192.168.1.1. then it says ‘DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET’ and ‘Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server´.This only happens to me with public wifi’s that aren’t locked with a password, but those that should redirect to a webpage where you usually have to accept terms or login. I’ve tried many of the troubleshooting solutions DNS flush etc I found online, but none have worked. N

:)

Nele Pallemaerts1, Oct 10, 2024 at 3:07 AM

2. Public Wi-Fi login fail, DHCP DNS 8.8.8.8

I recently have encountered twice the same issue: when connecting to public Wi-Fi connections requiring login confirmation, the DNS assigned via DHCP was always 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) on my Windows 11 23H2 laptop.

My cellphone (iOS 17.5.1) always gets the correct DNS (local IPv4 address) and thus I manually changed the DNS on my laptop to proceed to the login page.

Any recommended procedures for me to check if it is my setting/software issue, so I can reset/uninstall to avoid this happening a third time?

Thank you very much for your help!

3. Wi-Fi Connection Issue: DNS Settings Notification

Hello Community,

I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Wi-Fi connection and was hoping someone could provide some assistance.

Recently, I received a pop-up notification stating, “The DNS settings for all Wi-Fi networks have been set. The settings below won’t be used.” I believe this might be the reason I’m unable to connect to my Wi-Fi network.

I’ve tried several troubleshooting steps including resetting the router, checking the network settings, and even resetting the DNS settings. After these steps, the DNS notification no longer appears, but I’m still unable to connect to my Wi-Fi.

I’ve confirmed that there’s no issue with my hardware as other devices are able to connect to the same network without any problems.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

abuzar mahfooz, Oct 10, 2024 at 3:10 AM
  4. Everestar Win User

Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

Wi-Fi access

Hello. There are 3 computers, 3 Wi-Fi receivers and 1 Wi-Fi router. All 3 computers access the Internet from the router. Needed to have shared access to files and folders, that is, so that you can copy information from computer to computer without transferring it to the flash drive. How can I do it?

Thema:

Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

1. Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues? - Similar Threads - Why can’t access

2. Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?: Every time i try to login to a public wifi with a login web page rather than password it says that i am connected with no internet. If i manually try to force the login page open with 192.168.1.1. then it says ‘DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET’ and ‘Windows can’t communicate...
  3. Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can’t i access public Wi-Fi login pages DNS issues?: Every time i try to login to a public wifi with a login web page rather than password it says that i am connected with no internet. If i manually try to force the login page open with 192.168.1.1. then it says ‘DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET’ and ‘Windows can’t communicate...
  4. Public Wi-Fi login fail, DHCP DNS 8.8.8.8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public Wi-Fi login fail, DHCP DNS 8.8.8.8: I recently have encountered twice the same issue: when connecting to public Wi-Fi connections requiring login confirmation, the DNS assigned via DHCP was always 8.8.8.8 Google DNS on my Windows 11 23H2 laptop. My cellphone iOS 17.5.1 always gets the correct DNS local IPv4...
  5. Public Wi-Fi login fail, DHCP DNS 8.8.8.8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public Wi-Fi login fail, DHCP DNS 8.8.8.8: I recently have encountered twice the same issue: when connecting to public Wi-Fi connections requiring login confirmation, the DNS assigned via DHCP was always 8.8.8.8 Google DNS on my Windows 11 23H2 laptop. My cellphone iOS 17.5.1 always gets the correct DNS local IPv4...
  6. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  7. Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi page is not redirecting to browser for login page: I cannot connect my internet to my college network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-page-is-not-redirecting-to-browser-for-login/2a3fd9ff-cbb6-4138-9712-a50cf617e5e8
  8. Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?

Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?: Hi. I'm facing this issue in my laptop where it connects to any wi-fi network but doesn't connect to internet. The same wi-fi network works perfectly fine on other devices. Some of the fixes I've tried but didn't work for last hour and a half: cmd: /flushdns...
  9. Public Wi-Fi Login Page not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Public Wi-Fi Login Page not showing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you happen to visit Airports, Hotels, Shopping Malls, or Coffee places recurrently, then you might have used the public Wi-Fi’s available at these places. These public Wi-Fi’s are normally of two types – Paid and Free, but they have [...] This post Public...
  10. Public Wi-Fi Network Issues

Public Wi-Fi Network Issues: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop which I upgraded from windows 7. To use my laptop at school I connect to the public Wi-Fi. This works for about 10 minutes after I first start up the laptop. Then it disconnects. When I try to reconnect, the wifi connection box pops...