Windows 10: why cant i access my network settings ?

Discus and support why cant i access my network settings ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few months ago I noticed that my network icon had disappeared from my task bar. I could not find any resolution to this problem, I no longer can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron Gee, Jan 22, 2024.

1. why cant i access my network settings ?

A few months ago I noticed that my network icon had disappeared from my task bar. I could not find any resolution to this problem, I no longer can connect to wifi or view the settings at all. Every time I attempt to access the setting the whole page just closes out. I now have a wired ethernet connection yet my computer still says I am not connected to the internet. I have had no issues using the internet or online games. I am just very confused as to how this happened because it was completely random and I was on my pc as it happened. I also cannot access my firewall and it says that it is tu

:)

Cameron Gee, Jan 22, 2024
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Jan 22, 2024
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 22, 2024
  4. DTG1 Win User

why cant i access my network settings ?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

why cant i access my network settings ?

1. why cant i access my network settings ? - Similar Threads - why cant access

2. Why i cant access to internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i cant access to internet?: Hi,My problem started when I was trying to connect to the VPN through an app, when i closed the app and tried to open a website suddenly i faced with connection errorI have tried ethernet connections and wifi and other internet providers, in any case when I open the network...
  3. Why cant I access my email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I access my email account: I am sick and tired of trying to access my email account , I am coming to conclusion that Windows 11 is a waste of space for emails.I have tried your experts to no success. I will have to rely on my Android phone . I have paid the required amount each time have you anything...
  4. why cant i access my network settings ?

why cant i access my network settings ?: A few months ago I noticed that my network icon had disappeared from my task bar. I could not find any resolution to this problem, I no longer can connect to wifi or view the settings at all. Every time I attempt to access the setting the whole page just closes out. I now...
  5. why cant i access my network settings ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i access my network settings ?: A few months ago I noticed that my network icon had disappeared from my task bar. I could not find any resolution to this problem, I no longer can connect to wifi or view the settings at all. Every time I attempt to access the setting the whole page just closes out. I now...
  6. Why cant I set my ETHERNET network to private in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I set my ETHERNET network to private in windows 11?: Hi.When I try to connect my computers to a home network over ethernet, the computers are unable to see each other, and I cannot share my internet connection over WiFi via Ethernet.I also cannot set my ethernet network to private, which is annoying and a problem.Help would be...
  7. Why cant I set my ETHERNET network to private in windows 11?

Why cant I set my ETHERNET network to private in windows 11?: Hi.When I try to connect my computers to a home network over ethernet, the computers are unable to see each other, and I cannot share my internet connection over WiFi via Ethernet.I also cannot set my ethernet network to private, which is annoying and a problem.Help would be...
  8. help i cant access settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help i cant access settings: [ATTACH] Ive been searching everywhere for a way to fix it but i cant find any. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Diat0119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsptc9/help_i_cant_access_settings/
  9. cant access network and internet in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant access network and internet in settings: when i try to open network and internet the app closes and that is all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-network-and-internet-in-settings/a44f5fd4-f761-4244-90bc-8c7e23bda140
  10. Cant access settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access settings: My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings. He presses it via the start>settings but it just flashes up then goes off. Hes tried the Windows key + i same thing happens Also via windows...