Windows 10: Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?

Discus and support Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions. they both were displaying 1920 x 1200 yesterday which is the recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Teresa Escobar, Sep 23, 2024 at 11:22 AM.

1. Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?

I have two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions. they both were displaying 1920 x 1200 yesterday which is the recommended resolution. Today, one is displaying 1024 x 768 recommended. I can't change it and the screen is showing distortion. How can I fix this?

:)

Teresa Escobar, Sep 23, 2024 at 11:22 AM
  2. sdoca Win User

Dual Monitors of Same Type with Different Resolutions on Windows 10

I have two of the same type of monitor (HP Compaq LA2405x) attached to my Windows 10 laptop (HP Folio 9470m) via a docking station that has one display port and one VGA port. When I try to set the resolution for the monitors, monitor A, which is connected using the display port, has a max/recommended resolution of 1920x1200. Monitor B, connected via VGA, has a max/recommended resolution of 1920x1080.

I was told by a colleague that VGA supports much higher resolutions than 1920x1080, so the lower max on B shouldn't be because of that.

Anyone know of other reasons why the resolutions could be different? I can't find anything in display or device settings.

3. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

4. Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?

How to fix resolution on hp 2310 monitor

I recently purchased a new hp laptop with windows 11 but when i connect it to my hp 2310 monitor via hdmi the outer parts of the screen “hang off the edge” and are not visible, im using the suggested resolution for the monitor (1920x1080). In the past the display has been connected to a windows 10 hp laptop via vga and the suggested resolution displayed fine

RenaissanceKM, Sep 23, 2024 at 11:26 AM
Thema:

Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?

1. Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions? - Similar Threads - Why are exact

2. Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions?: I have two exact HP Compaq LA2405x monitors displaying different resolutions. they both were displaying 1920 x 1200 yesterday which is the recommended resolution. Today, one is displaying 1024 x 768 recommended. I can't change it and the screen is showing distortion. How can...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors: Hi guys I have 2 monitors here (Dell U2719D) Windows 10 shows the resolutions for these as different. Monitor 1 has the correct resolution at 2560 x 1440 and Monitor 2 has the incorrect resolution at 2048 x 1080 . I am unable to change the resolution of Monitor 2 in the...
  9. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  10. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...